Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Mobile users 2nd rate?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Mobile users 2nd rate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevreyno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Mobile users 2nd rate? Reply with quote

Judging by the Tomtom go forum their map upgrades are starting to ship already.Even orders placed on 30th April have been shipped.
Makes you feel a bit miffed that some TTM users have now been waiting for their order almost 4 weeks.
Are Tomtom mobile users 2nd rate to Tomtom?
BTW.Had a Tomtom go but sold it and bought it the mobile version.
Found the software works just as well as the Go version -satellite reception seems better-and it trully is portable navigation-got fed up with having to carry the Go around in bag as I did not want to leave it in the car-so much easier to slip the phone into your pocket!
Smile
Hope i hav'nt opened up a can of worms with that one! Embarassed
samsul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainlt seems like it.. I ordered mine on 15th April and so sign of it yet. They have debited my credit card 2 weeks ago. I am not bothered anymore. Just bought Navicore - much better.

I have instructed my credit card company to get the money back, which they have agreed they will within 24 hours.
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine on 15th, card debited on 17th. I will give the 5 weeks as stated on the site but once thats up, i will be requesting an immediate refund. In fact i have already contacted Tom Tom and asked them their refund procedure, but guess what, still awaiting a reply. Does any body know if anyone from Tom Tom reads these forums and is aware of their disgruntled customers.
trevreyno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I cant understand is why put the upgrade for purchase on the website 14th April if it wasn't ready?
I get the feeling the 5 weeks was a smokescreen.
Surely Tomtom in future its worth waiting untill the upgrade is ready to ship (as the Go map upgrade obviously was)before you advertise it on your site!
Else your going to have alot of very unhappy customers-as we can see from this forum. Evil or Very Mad
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming they read this forum, which on thinking about it if they do that makes it worse as not 1 representive of Tom Tom has not made 1 comment on here (to my knowledge) to try and pacify us or give us a reasonable reply. Do any of the site moderators on here know what the hell is going with tom tom, i assume you are the dark the same as us, bacause none of you have commented on this.
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted TT yesterday and asked when I am likely to get delivery. They said it was due to be delivered 'next week' but could not give me a exact date. I cannot change my delivery details and I am moving house on the 19th. This whole system smacks of a company growing far to fast and not upgrading systems and procedures to cope. Very poor.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: