Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stillo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help needed please Reply with quote

I bought tom tom nav 1 and i upgraded to tom tom 2 when i had tom tom 1 installed i could get a sat lock in less than 1 minute now with tom tom 2 it takes anywhere up to 8 minutes and never less than 5 minutes any help appreiciated.

Cheers Stillo
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help needed please Reply with quote

Stillo, TomTom Navigator 2 shouldn't have this affect, Time To First Fix is usually a hardware issue, or not having direct line of sight to the sky or local interference. However, TomTom do have updated GPS drivers, and you don't say which receiver you're using, so it could be an issue here.

Easiest way to test this is to download WinFast Navigator from our downloads page and install. Then run Navigator on the start menu of the Pocket PC, go into VIEW | NAVIGATION, then TOOLS | PORT SETTINGS if you're using the receiver supplied with TTN1, select COM1, NMEA 4800. Now before tapping OK, make sure your Pocket PC speaker is on, and also the cable from the GPS receiver is connected to your Pocket PC, and the ignition is on in your car. Now tap OK, watch the navigation screen, when you see 4 green circles appear you should get a chime, this is when it's received it's 3D fix. See if it takes 8 mins in WinFast Navigator, if it does, then it's not a problem with TomTom Navigator 2. If it is much faster, eg 1 min, then there may be a problem with the driver your selecting in TTN2, or a corrupted driver of some sort.
nicknick
Regular Visitor

If it's OK in WinFast then try the generic driver (NMEA 4800) in TTN2 and that will tell you if it's the new driver.

I've also seen a post which seems to suggest that you need to upgrade the GPS driver (to v2.0) as well as the TTN core program

NN
Stillo
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the assistance will try tommorow.

Cheers Stillo
SJTaylor
Occasional Visitor

I've noticed the same with a Socket BT. Will try the test.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: