Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Credit Card charged/No goods
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Credit Card charged/No goods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simmybear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Credit Card charged/No goods Reply with quote

If anyone else is having the experience I have had:

Upgrade request: Ok

Code: Ok

Order placed: Ok

Credit card charged: Ok

NO GOODS! Not Ok

My credit card was charged 3rd April. On the 14th I finally get an e-mail response to a query to be told because part of my order is out of stock they will not ship and do not expect the products to reach me until 22nd April. Almost 3 weeks with my money - well the credit card companies money - outrageous! Just as well that continental motoring trip over Easter came to nothing.

This clearly is in breach of Visa and MasterCard rules and if a frequent occurence needs to be stamped on.

If anyone else has had the same experience please post so that I can get a view of how many times it happens - I suspect quite frequently

Prophet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Credit Card charged/No goods Reply with quote

My company has had one bad experience where they only part shipped and now they have just done it again. Problem is that this time the product is registered so you cannot make do with one CD.

If my experience is the same as last time they will not respond to emails. So I may start with the credit card company.
MrLondon
Occasional Visitor

It really depends what you ordered, because I ordered the Upgrade CD GB and the maps of Europe and I got a shipping confirmation from TomTom about shipment of the order but after almost waiting for 1 weeks I called them on Monday to ask them what happened to the shipment, only to be told that this was a system error and there was no shipment. Because of the problems with the Maps of WEstern Europe they are not shipping till after 22.04. But I insisted that they ship the Upgrade GB CD to me, which they did with next days delivery, but you will have to be quite insistant. By the way as far as I am aware there are no rules with regards to ordering something and how fast they have to deliver, most companies will only take your money once they ship but there is no law which says they cannot take the money first. Especially as this is now a order with the Netherlands and not the UK.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

I believe you may find that despite it being an order with Dutch company as Holland is part of the EEC they have to abide by EC regulations. This means that they have to comply with the distance selling regulations as defined in http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm.

Also when using a credit card for payment the company is not allowed to take payment until goods are shipped. If they do so then they are in breach of the credt card merchant terms. These terms protect you the consumer, not the supplier.
simmybear
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Mike, even if EC or UK distance selling law didn't apply, Visa and Mastercard have strict rules for mail order merchants since under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 a right of Subrogation exists so you can claim your money back from the card issuer and leave them to sort it out with the merchants aquiring bank or the merchant themselves.

This applies to UK transactions with all merchants wherever located as long as your credit card agreement is regulated by the law of England (Scotland etc. where different)

I haven't reached the stage of really Pee'd off yet I am saving that till after the weekend if the promised delivery date isn't met. Yes I have an e-mail from them for what that is worth!

Simon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: