Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MEDION MDPNA 100 Help Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MEDION MDPNA 100 Help Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pontyslapper
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know what comes in the 'new' boxes (as delivered to Halfords last week).

Medion Navigator v4.4 - 25 Jan 2005.

Medion MNPDA100
Cradle
Battery
2 x Cases - One Plastic, one fabric
5 x CDs -

Medion/Microsoft Companion CD,
Medion Navigator 4 Quickinstaller/User Manual
Medion Navigator 4 Maps of France, Italy, Spain, Portugal
Medion Navigator 4 Maps of Germany, Austria, Switzerland
Medion Navigator 4 Maps of UK/Ire, Norway etc, BeNeLux

Manual
Car Kit
Bike Kit
Ciggy Charger
AC Adaptor - UK/Euro plugs
Various pamphlets about Medion accessories
Guarantee

In all a nice piece of kit for £349, however, I still am yet to find the Map Export 4 software, despite contacting Medion Support.
paulp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ponyslapper wrote:
Medion Navigator 4 Maps of UK/Ire, Norway etc, BeNeLux

My map export is on this disk. I only have 4 disks including the blue activesync one.

I just checked, the setup files are around 15mb.....
Trouble is I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put them on a restricted ftp site and email you the details??

You have teleatlas maps ...right??

Bob, thanks for looking at the map stitching bit...I'll review the site in a mo but I take it that if I wish to show speed restrictions on the maps via POI Warner (I got speed cams working :D ) I have to subscribe to poihandler??

Paul
Pontyslapper
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On mine I have the Navigon/Navteq maps.

That's why there's 5 disks. Its a rebranded version of the Navigon Navigator 4 software.

I've spoken to Medion UK support and they don't even have this set of disks in Tech Support yet!! They were trying to tell me how to navigate the directory structure of the set that you have, by the sounds of it.

I'm waiting for a response from Navigon regarding a copy of Map Export - somehow though I don't think I'll be lucky - I think they will send me back to Medion UK. Who, wouldn't send me a copy of Map Export or direct me to a Medion owned/operated website where I could download it.

I guess I've got up to date maps, but have paid the price by missing out on Map Export.

PM me if you want to compare maps etc.
paulp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm thats odd....

Thats something I wondered...would any version of MN4 run either TeleAtlas and Naveq maps??

Paul
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi both
Pontyslapper when you put the first CD in the PC it should auto load Map export although I have an other version than both of you I could not find the map export either until I had a good search through my program files. Paulp does your version come with Warner POI ? Mine does have POI built in to the program but don't know how to get speed camera data base on it. Second question Paulp did you get a map with Slovenia on your tele atlas version?

cheers Bob
paulp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo now your asking...hold on...

Doesn't look like it:-

CD 1 =UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark,Belgium,Netherlands & Luxemburg.

CD 2 =Germany, Austria, Switzerland an parts of Germany south (?)

CD 3 = France, Italy, Spain & Potugal.....

Confused

Nope, mine didn't come with POI Warner but I bought it all the same....
If you follow http://www.sim98.freeserve.co.uk/AMN/index.htm to the letter it works like a dream.....acoustics as well....quite frightening really.
I may even go the whole hog and pay 12euros a year for the speed restriction detail as well....but that may be going too far??

I thought POI Warner only came with MobileNavigator 5....which isn't released in the UK yet??

Oh BTW I installed "followMe" too....so I got best of both worlds (if I upgrade) Wink

Paul
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Paulp
I just wondered what was on your version. Probably won't bother with Warner yet as I know most of the Gatso.s where I drive in Scotland anyway.

Bob
paulp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem,

I must say that POI Warner is a great tool....what with auto synching and audio alerts its well worth it. The find POI within a radius direct from the map is a new feature in version 2. I even found the "Toll Booth" POI's now so all I need is a wav file to go with them Smile

Paul
qprchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: bike holder with medion pna100 Reply with quote

Bob,
I am new to this gps stuff and was thnking of getting the medion pna100.I see tha tyou are using the medion pna100 with a motorbike. Is the clip / bracket that came with the package anygood. How have you connected it to your bike? I have a bike and want to connect it to this. Did you use the bracket that came with the bike and how have you concealed the wires etc.
Thanks in advance
Chris
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi qprchris
I must admit to the fact that I have not as yet fitted it to my bike as I am not going on holiday until mid June. However the unit comes with the handlebar adapter and a waterproof cover but this does not help in my case because there is nowhere on my bike to fit it as its a rectangular section in the middle handlebar and although round past the risers there is no room as all the room is taken up by the clutch res one side and brake on the other now your bike might be different. You can get an adapter and there are threads on this site re ram mounts etc. The unit also comes with a suction adpt to stick on the windscreen so I am going to try this for mounting (or a shorter version) to the bike with the waterproof cover or the other alternative is to put the unit into the map section of my tank bag and not bother with mounts.
For the electrics I intend to get a cigar adapter from Maplin and wire it in direct to the battery with an inline fuse using the proper lenth of wire I will use the car lead that came with the unit (it drops the voltage from 12v to 5v) will probably run the wire along the same loom as supplies the clock ignition etc. Where the car adpt plugs into the cigar con I'm going to cover that with self amalgamating tape and use heat shrink at either end of connection.
Before you concider this you might want to look at the Garmin Quest if GPS is all you want to do. The Quest has the whole of the u.k on but it has limited memory which can not be upgraded so you have to do routes in europe as there is not enough memory to put whole countries on. The plus side for buying the Quest is a) its waterproof b) the internal batteries lasts for abt 20 hours before needing a charge so no need to wire up the bike. The down side is a) you can't buy memory for it so this means small trips in europe or take a laptop with you to put maps into the quest if you are on a big tour. b) you can't do anything else exept navigate.

hope this helps

cheers Bob
qprchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: medionpna100 Reply with quote

Thanks for that Bob. Will have a look at the clip and se how it fits. May have to use the suction holder instead.
Chris
stukno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

Just wondered if anyone got to the bottom of the 'Map export' question.

I too have recently bought the same gadget ( thanks to all who have expressed opinions in these forums)

Checked my disks, nothing found on my copies, can we assume that current versions do not have this software.

If it possible to fit say France and the UK onto on memory card? or will I need another card? Still working through, but advice from those who have gone before would be appreciated
regards
Stu K
Pontyslapper
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the standard 256MB Card as supplied - you will be pushed to get anything like France and the UK on there - France on its own is do-able.

France and the UK is more than do-able on a 512MB.

If you want the full run down of how things fit, check the 1GB SD Card thread I started. All the file sizes are listed there.

There is no Map Export facility on the latest 4.4 version unfortunately, and you will need to select the map and restart the software to swap between countries. Some might say thats awful - but its only a 1 minute job!
stukno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply.

Done quite a bit since yesterday, spent much of the morning loading the POI Warner ... haven't tried it on the road yet, but I have high hopes!

Really pleased with the device and the performance of the sat nav, it works really well. My only slight reservation is the slightly weak voice and the lead which is trailing across the dash. I shall be able to sort the latter, not sure what could be done about the voice.

I shall take you advice about the 1 g card, which will leave room for Mp3, e books and support the 'other' side of the pocket computer.

appreciate all of the advice contained within these forums,
regards
Stu K
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
the map export is on disc 1 with my setup (V4.2) which has teleatlas maps sounds like you both have a different version if its Navtec maps. Do you have Slovenia on yours my version does not and I could do with it.

cheers Bob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: