Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce three new GO Hardware configurations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce three new GO Hardware configurations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: TomTom announce three new GO Hardware configurations Reply with quote

New TomTom GO hardware navigation systemsOne of the least well kept secrets of this year is the new range of TomTom GO hardware.

Well it is official now. At CeBIT today TomTom have released details of a completely new range of GO GPS Navigation systems. Due to hit retailers from mid april these represent a major update to the popular navigation system.

There are three models in the range: an entry level GO 300, a mid range GO 500 and the flagship GO 700. All these devices share a common software platform which will be available for existing GO users. Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com review of the new GO Software TomTom GO 5. The review is based on the original GO and does not include the features of the new GO hardware range.

All of the new GO navigation systems feature Bluetooth and are tightly coupled with mobile phones. To take advantage of this connectivity TomTom have released a new value added service for all the new TomTom Navigator platforms called TomTom Plus. We have prepared an article describing the features of TomTom Plus here.

Click here for our first impressions and the full TomTom Press Release.
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for the fast updates and detail included.

The built in bluetooth handsfree phone functionalitly looks fantastic and is a great idea. :P Maybe its time for me to drop the PDA and swotch to the GO. It will be interesting to see what the 700 model is priced at. I am thinking around £600 - £650............
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom announce three new GO Hardware configurations Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
<. . . . . . All these devices share a common software platform which will be available for existing GO users. .

Thanks for the comprehensive review/reports on the new TT-GO's, Mike.

Couple of queries;

Is the new v5.0 software going to be available as a download 'update' from TT's site, as for v4.42, or on a CD, which will need some 'proof of purchase' to obtain, and maybe activation??

Is cross country routing (street level) only available on the GO 700 with hard-drive?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that any GO user will be able to download the new version 5 software. If you want to upgrade your maps then this will be chargeable at (we think) €49 and will probably be a CD and require some kind of proof of purchase.

The 700 with the hard disk is the only device that supports full street level routing over europe.
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.

I wonder who will be first to download the v5.0 software onto their 'old' TT-GO. Won't be me, for sure; I'll let others 'play' first, in case there are some glitches.
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocL wrote:
Thanks Mike.

I wonder who will be first to download the v5.0 software onto their 'old' TT-GO. Won't be me, for sure; I'll let others 'play' first, in case there are some glitches.

It'll be me then! I trust them.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder who will be first to download the v5.0 software onto their 'old' TT-GO. Won't be me, for sure; I'll let others 'play' first, in case there are some glitches

you in for the heart attack again then Tony !!!
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Guys,

But I have been running it for over a month now so I guess it will be me Laughing

However, all you need to do is buy a cheap 256MB SD card, backup your current card and then install the new application. If you dont like it just stick the backup back in the GO.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you down load it or was it "sent" to you??
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom sent it to us as part of thier testing program.
PDAOnline1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: New TOMTOM GO Modles Reply with quote

Just found a cool site with all the info on the new tomtom go models.It's even got some pricing on it Ed-Link removed
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please refrain from trying to advertise for free in this forum. If you want to advertise, please contact marketing@pocketgpsworld.com for advertising rates!
deadpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Go updates Reply with quote

At last, can't wait for the postcode updates, as most of the addresse i need to find are house names, Great site, and this is my first message, good work everybody Wink
fideba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely on topic: the correct name of the car in Knight Rider is KITT (double T), which stands for Knight Industries Two Thousand.
Isn't it sad that I remember stuff like this ? :D
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Mobile Use Reply with quote

Notice these all have a battery available. Assume this means that it would work as a hand held device?

Just that if I am honest with myself I spend more time trying to find places after comming out the subway than I do in rental cars (rental cars being one need for unit that is easy to transfer in the first place)

Have just taken back the navigation bundle I got last week and was about to pick up a navman but I would pay more for something with a battery and full postcode searches.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: