Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Audi MMI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Audi MMI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geordietaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject: Audi MMI Reply with quote

Hi before I go ahead with a subscription can a 2015 Audi A1 take the speed camera database , I have looked and all I can find is a4 a8 not a1. Any help would be appreciated TIA
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best source would be an Audi forum. We understand the database but not each individual car.

Step 1 is probably to find out whether your car will accept user POI's. Step 2 is are these just navigate to POI's, which is often the case these days, or will allow an approach alert 5hat speed cameras need.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
geordietaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Your best source would be an Audi forum. We understand the database but not each individual car.

Step 1 is probably to find out whether your car will accept user POI's. Step 2 is are these just navigate to POI's, which is often the case these days, or will allow an approach alert 5hat speed cameras need.

Thank you appreciated the reply
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't officially support any Audi devices.

We are aware that there are YouTube videos that mention our database and give instructions but from what I can understand the newer devices don't allow it.
geordietaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
We don't officially support any Audi devices.

We are aware that there are YouTube videos that mention our database and give instructions but from what I can understand the newer devices don't allow it.

Cheers for that yeah mines a 2015 but the YouTube was done on a A4 I can’t find anything on a A1 anyway will keep an eye on the forums … appreciate the reply though
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For clarity: I recently had a 2 week dispute with PayPal and a buyer who tried saying that PGPSW were ripping him off not providing that they had paid for. Our compatibility page does not mention Audi but they subscribed, downloaded the database, and claimed we were ripping him off. Turned out he was following the guide on a 3rd party YouTube video that had nothing to do with us.

Ultimately PayPal ruled in our favour as the service paid for WAS provided - the issue was in the fact that they trusted a 3rd party instead of the actual source...

Now, had we been contacted first to see if it works and given the link to the YouTube video it is likely that I would have said "yeah, try it - if it doesn't work then I can refund you" but that didn't happen - instead we were accused of fraudulent behaviour...

Anyway, yeah, so we don't support the Audi system. If it worked on older ones then great, but that's not something we ever officially confirmed for ourselves (if anyone wants to give me an Audi to test new ones then I'm all for it).
geordietaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
For clarity: I recently had a 2 week dispute with PayPal and a buyer who tried saying that PGPSW were ripping him off not providing that they had paid for. Our compatibility page does not mention Audi but they subscribed, downloaded the database, and claimed we were ripping him off. Turned out he was following the guide on a 3rd party YouTube video that had nothing to do with us.

Ultimately PayPal ruled in our favour as the service paid for WAS provided - the issue was in the fact that they trusted a 3rd party instead of the actual source...

Now, had we been contacted first to see if it works and given the link to the YouTube video it is likely that I would have said "yeah, try it - if it doesn't work then I can refund you" but that didn't happen - instead we were accused of fraudulent behaviour...

Anyway, yeah, so we don't support the Audi system. If it worked on older ones then great, but that's not something we ever officially confirmed for ourselves (if anyone wants to give me an Audi to test new ones then I'm all for it).

That’s great thank you for the honest reply makes sense cheers again
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days, most phones link to the car head unit via Bluetooth.

If yours is one of them then consider Speedtrap Alert (Android) or CamerAlert (iOS).

That way you still get our up to date database with spoken alerts.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: