Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPSWorld.com will be reporting live from CeBIT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPSWorld.com will be reporting live from CeBIT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps of rIreland (detailed) are also missing!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: question for TomTom Reply with quote

jonokimber wrote:
question for TomTom........Will they be introducing support, or a version, for VGA resolution Pocket PC devices? More map area to be sahown on screen, or more additional info on screen would always be welcome. - Cheers, Jon Kimber

It may be bad form to answer this - but that already exists, after a fashion. TomTom Navigator 2004 HP Edition, the version available bundled with an iPAQ rz1710 or iPAQ hx2110 in Europe - or TomTom Navigator 2004 in North America - both run in VGA on a VGA Pocket PC such as an iPAQ hx4700.

What there isn't is a VGA version of TomTom Navigator 3 - and I doubt there ever will be, as TomTom are moving to the "common platform" software as used in the two products mentioned above. It is almost certain that whatever replaces TomTom Navigator 3 will therefore have VGA support.

David
genghisackroyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MikeB,

I would like to know if, and when, TomTom are going to release a dedicated Hx4700 mount as my iPAQ 2210 has impressed me.

Also, are they ever going to have the ability to update their maps separate from a software upgrade (ie strange things happen near the M6 Toll road start, and the A1/A1M North Yorks new section (I drive though fields at 70mph!!)

Thanks

Chris
sladey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: TomTom Go - UK Postcodes Reply with quote

Are TomTom going to add integrated full UK postcodes into the next version of the TomTom Go? (please!!!)
mlillywh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you ask Tom Tom about the Go:

1. Will they update the software to allow multiple way points when planning longer touring type trips?

2. Keep your eyes open for a waterproof motorcycle mount for a TTG

cheers an enjoy the show

Mark
Tomcat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I can give you some info about the new Navigon version. On the German navigaition site www.pocketnavigation.de, details already start to appear. Here's a quick summary and from the 11th (Friday) we should know more...:

- runs on PDA's SmartPhones.
- new "easy" and "professional" mode: sounds like two user modes, one quick and easy "get me there" mode for the less experienced and one "pro" mode where you can tweak all the settings
- 27 European countries, some Middle Eastern countries (they refer to them as "six gulf states") and North America. It looks like Navigon is introducing a new pricing model where you can use your "home country" for free but have to pay for additional countries, details about this are not known yet, so watch this space.
- "CleverMap" to create your maps for the export (dunno what that means, probably a new map export strategy)
- new map information: SpeedInfo (?!) and SignPost information (?!!!)
- TMC 3.0
- software ships on a DVD (yesss!)
- maps from Navteq

that's all for now, keep checking the Navigon homepage from tomorrow..
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: TomTom Mobile 5 Release Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I currently own a Nokia 6600 with TomTom Mobile installed.

Myself, and VERY many other people are probably wondering when the new version of TomTom Mobile will be released, TomTom Mobile 5.

It would be great Mike if you could ask when the release date will be here in the UK, and how much it would cost to buy with the new TomTom Bluetooth GPS, which is equiped with the new SiRFstarIII chipset.

TomTom will most probably sigh and look annoyed when you ask them this as many people have emailed them and not got any answers, So maybe you asking at CeBit will get a few more answers out of them!!! :D

Also if you have time ask them if TomTom Mobile 5 will deffinatly be released for the Nokia 7710, it states on their webite that it is, but you know what TomTom are like. The reason why I ask is, because the new nokia 7710 is touch screen.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,67708,00.html

this means that TomTom will perform similar to TomTom GO, which is handy as TomTom GO is quite expensive, whereas your getting a phone/sat nav product in one!!!!!!!

Enjoy the show mate!!!
Wish I were there.
Much Apprecaited,

Chris
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for all the manufacturers:

Would they consider seperating the maps from the actual navigator product itself and by doing so publish mapping on a more regular basis so one could buy updated maps without the need to wait for a new version of the software to be released.

Obviously some deal will have to be reached with the map makers to allow users to upgrade their maps for less than the initial licencing cost (which I believe is rather high?)
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will TomTom consider creating an SDK (Software Development Kit) for the GO, Mobile, TomTom HP Navigation package on the PPC, etc, so that third parties can develop add-on applications?
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will Tele Atlas have complete maps of the Channel Islands (especially Jersey) available?

When will these maps then be available for users of applications like TomTom?
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
themax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: NAVTEQ and SonyEricsson questions Reply with quote

NAVTEQ:
1. When will the Z-axis information be available in their maps (height curves)?
2. When will they support the new EU countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania etc.) and the other eastern european countries?

SonyEricsson:
1. Will they add support in their phones for BT GPS (not only smartphones), i.e. S7x0, K7x0 etc?
2. Is A-GPS interesting for SonyEricsson at all (=built in GPS-chip in the phones)
Steve101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAVTEQ MAPS:

Could you find out if the Republic of Ireland will be fully mapped for the next update of the Copilot Live 5 product? and about what time will the release date be?

Thanks!!!
borgmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any prospect of Tom Tom go providing maps for the Canary islands?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding TeleAtlas map coverage of Canary Islands and Rep of Ireland, the last time we spoke with TeleAtlas (Sept 04) both had been put back on the back burner again with no sight of mapping in the forseeable future. Hopefully the team should be able to get some sort of update from TeleAtlas, but I don't believe anything has changed recently.
bui
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Complete coverage of Spain Reply with quote

Question for Navteq and Tele Atlas:
When will Tele Atlas and Navteq complete maps (100%) of Spain. Thanks. Bui

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: