Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Navicore Review for Nokia 9300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Navicore Review for Nokia 9300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Navicore Review for Nokia 9300 Reply with quote

Antti, an avid PocketGPSWorld.com reader in Finland, has written a complete in-depth review of the new Navicore GPS application for the Nokia 9300 and to thank us for helping him in the past and creating this great resource, he has allowed us to reproduce the English version here at PocketGPSWorld.com. So here it is, take a look at this stunning review of Navicore on the Nokia 9300. A UK version is due soon!

Antti says "I was a little bit concerned to move from a well-known application like TomTom with such a large screen that the Palm has to a new software provider Navicore running on a mobile phone. But so far I haven't regretted the change at all. "

The full review is available here.
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only an obvious one: what happens when someone calls you on the cell phone when it is in GPS nav mode?
raboyme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB wrote:
Only an obvious one: what happens when someone calls you on the cell phone when it is in GPS nav mode?

Just answear the phone, and after the call you are back in the program. You can also make a call yourself, and after that go back to the Navicore program. The software is active in the background.

I'm using Navicore on Nokia 6670, and it works fantastic.
traktori
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB wrote:

Hello, I'm the writer of this review. I'm sorry I haven't had possibility to answer earlier as I was on holiday...

When you are navigating and you get a call the screen changes to "telephone" screen with number and duration in screen. Voice directions are muted also during a call. I've set the "my own" button to Navicore so that I can get back to Navicore quickly no matter what screen I'm in so I can get to navigation also during a call. If I reject or end a call from "telephone" screen 9300 puts you back to last screen and so getting back to navigation is really easy. Also Navigation continues in background while in a call so everything is ready when you get back from a call.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: