Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN 2 arrives in th uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN 2 arrives in th uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kieran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN 2 arrives in th uk Reply with quote

Just off to collect my copy of TTN2 from my supplier - feels like christmas

.. this is the only software package I have ever bought without reading a full review, fingers crossed!

Kieran
Kieran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN 2 arrives in th uk Reply with quote

I eagerly await a full review from Dave but to whet your appetite here are a few of my initial observations of the key improvements of just the software (running on my IPAQ3970 and a Garmin Vists for GPS source)

Mapping error fixs – I can now plan a route to Holyhead in Wales using the new A5/A55 and the Forth Bridge has reappeared in Edinburgh! I don’t have enough experience of the old TT1 errors but at least my initial few test routes seem to show some of the past problems have been corrected..

3d display – thought it would be a gimmick but this will now be the default view –very cool

route planning – no postcode analysis which is a pity but you can navigate to street number which appears effective and a big improvement. Also big input keys on the input screens are a great idea

Alternative routes – a nice function to avoid areas our force a suggested reroute

Navigator & map settings – now able to make many more adjustments to display and overall settings

Congestion charge – able to avoid area and set warnings

Unless I have missed it I cannot see any built in POI manager or Warning capability. I tried GPAssist and it seemed to work with no problem but I stress this is early days and I need a good run to see if there are any conflicts.

Too early to give a definitive judgement, I’ll await Dave’s review for the professional opinion, but overall initial indications are that TomTom have finally addressed some of the rough edges from TTN1 and included some useful additional functionality. Very pleased with the purchase.

Having just upgraded my IPAQ to a 3970 I now think I have the perfect system
Kieran
Occasional Visitor

...doh...just seen the TT2 discussion forum... I'll get my coat

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: