Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Nav BT Installation for Smarties
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Nav BT Installation for Smarties
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro-G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro-G wrote:
lbendlin wrote:
TTN5 seems not to usurp the COM port any more.

Do you mean that this whole thing (Smarties Guide etc.) is no longer relevant or needed with TTN5, provided that you're doing a "clean" install, I mean not having used older versions of TTN on the PDA?

Now that I've tried it for myself, the answer to my own question seems to be YES; with clean install of TTN5 nothing special needs to be done, all programs that utilize the GPS work fine.

Besides, in TTN5 there is no driver called "TomTom ~ GPS", it's called "TomTom ~ Bluetooth support".
cagray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last - tried this too via a hard reset (making sure everything was backed up first) - finally got TT5 and Memory Map working together.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Colin
Jackoe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: TTN5 bluetooth controller Reply with quote

I got the early version of TTN5 with just UK maps then upgraded to full european maps. I am using an ipaq 4700 with memory map software as well. When I start up memory map I get an error message: "GPS: Can't open COM port. Retry/cancel?" I assume this means Tomtom is controlling th COM port? It's not a major problem since it works OK if I go into the bluetooth manager and connect manually to the GPS before opening Memory Map but I'd like to get round it if I can. I have read Lutz' article but it doesn't seem to apply to TTN5. I was wondering whether to try uninstalling the "tomtom~Bluetooth support" (as opposed to TomTom~GPS mentioned in the article) and installing version 2.06 of the GPS driver- has anyone tried this?
Thanks everyone
Alastair

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: