Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M25 Safety Cameras - removal from DB
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M25 Safety Cameras - removal from DB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pulpfixtion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: M25 Safety Cameras - removal from DB Reply with quote

I use the ov file from the site and find it excellent. However has anyone else tried driving for several junctions on the M25!!!

The damn thing is squarking with POIwarner constantly near junction 13/18 Heathrow etc.

Every bridge is a potential camera site but from experience (inside knowledge) 99% are nothing more than white lines on the road. Couple that with the fact that you struggle to speed on the M25 is there a way we can ditch them from the database.

If not can they be marked M25 in the database so that regular users can edit and remove them?
alanparrott
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: M25 Safety Cameras - removal from DB Reply with quote

I would support this. I drive (nearly daily) between the M4 & M1 and the stretch to the M40 is constantly warning. I guess one of the problems is that the gantries are not in the same place on the 2 carriageways, fair enough but there are too many guess points there.

In general I find there are a lot of 'traffic report cameras' & Mobile antenna showing through too!

Still, I would not want to be without it!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

For the M25/M4 to M25/A3 section, nearly every gantry is in fact an active Gatso location! If you take a closer look at them as you pass you will see (easier if you look at the opposite carriageway's gantry) a gatso unit mounted above each carriageway.   There are a few spurious entries I have noticed that are gantries with no camera equipment though these are maybe two or three.

It is annoying I agree but when the variable speed limit is in force they are all very much live and ready to take your family photo! If you wish to remove them, goto Map view and hold select the camera in question, this gives you edit/delete options. It maybe an option to only log one camera at each possible entry/exit point to this stretch rather then every valid site as some are only a few 100yds apart and with the gantries on the oposite side that are staggered it does mean a fairly constant warning!!
pulpfixtion
Occasional Visitor

Being fairly new to this, I didnt realise it was so easy to delete them. Thanks for that Darren.

I have now deleted all the ones from `8 oclock - 12 oclock` as I am familiar with this area. And left the ones elsewhere ;-)

On most of the gantrys there is a traffic master module and I think a few people mistake these for cameras.

Still I have sorted it now thanks. Must remember to re-do on the next update.

I live in south bucks and I notice that not many are listed ... I will get on it :-)))

cheers
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Glad we could help but you can trust me when I say that it's not just TrafficMaster PTRM receivers that are on those Gantries! Just look and you will see the large grey boxes over each lane with 3 windows for flash, iR iluminator and camera.   I recorded this section for the database and have a very good reason for having added them. Although they are Gatso's for the time being they are going to become part of a digital SPECS system in the future and then you'll appreciate a constant reminder

And we're always grateful for any camera additions for the database!

Hairsy
Occasional Visitor

Until 2 years ago, I had a unit in my car which would spot Gatsos from their radar output.

Driving the A3 - M4 stretch at that time normally resulted in only 2 'hits'. However, importantly, the 2 moved from time to time so you never knew which gantry would be in use.

n.b. this info is 2 years out of date but it does seem to explain the differing views about - everyone is right !

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: