Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman iCN510 European Premium Edition Announced
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman iCN510 European Premium Edition Announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tobhed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Premium edition - now also in Sweden Reply with quote

Don't know how many swedes that actually read this forum, but I thought that I anyway should say that the premium edition is now being shipped in Sweden too. I will collect mine at the postoffice later on today - can't wait... Smile
DreX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Navman 510 PRemium edition is in short supply
and as a result, Initially will only be available through halfords stores as they
have pre-ordered the Vast Majority of units coming into the country

It is a standard 510 Unit with European streett level maps
and a Remote Control

It will Retail for £499
and the Std 510 will Now retail for £399
The 510 Premium will save the buyer £170
against buying a 510, european maps and remote..
bootruss
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..yeah we've got 'em but as soon as they come in they bloody well go back again! Supply is still sketchy, it may take a few weeks to enable a reasonable stock holding nationally. The remote is cool tho'! I had dismissed it as a bit of a gimmick but it does make it easier to use!
ShirleyTemple
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Halfords web site the 510 with UK mapping only is £500 plus £5 delivery. You then need to add another £140 for European mapping.

That's £136 more than the following company is charging.

http://www.mncgroup.co.uk/products/details/navman-icn-510-european-premium-edition/2247/

But then they haven't got any in stock either?????
bootruss
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..nah mate, the 510 is currently £399. The prem. edition is £100 dearer.There are plenty of normal ones around but as I have said previously there ain't too many about.
ShirleyTemple
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. These contact lenses are giving me grief.

The list price with UK mapping is still £450 making the full European system £595 with delivery.

http://www.halfords.com/opd_product_details.asp?id=19602&type=0&cat=138

That's still £86 more than MNC.
Cheers, Brian.
ShirleyTemple
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!!!!!

I'm pleases to say that "bootruss" is absolutely right. Halfords web-site is not up to date. I've just popped in and the current price is £500 for the European Edition.

What ever happened to on line prices being better???????

I'm on my way up there now. Now the fun begins.

Thank you "bootruss"

Cheers, Brian
bootruss
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..no worries Brian, I hope your store has one!
Cruiser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great bit of kit so my brother informs me who (Lucky Person) has just had the new 510 bought for his birthday. Its OK until you want street level info about spain, then you have to pay another £145 if you want to visit anywhere in particular. I too have a 510 and think the world of it but think that Navman could be a little fairer on its prices. I know they are in business to make money, but come on Navman, all of us who bought the old model would gladly pay up front for new maps,but at a reasonable price please.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Updating POI's Reply with quote

Dave - Posted the following in the 510 forum without response. Could you help?
Quote:
Great service but in the instructions this month, it says only use the csv files for the Navman whereas I've always included the bmp files in my install. Could someone clarify, please.

FTB I have also installed the appropriate bmp files but wondered if it is only necessary to update the csv files on the assumption that the 'old' bmp files remain active.

jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who watches shopping television can see that the Navman 510 premium edition is their todays special value at £398 plus postage.

Seems a good deal.
Has anyone had trouble with the Navman operating in a peugeot 206? The 535 wouldn't work due to the reflective screen and I wondered if the 510 does.
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the iCN635 (I presume thats the one you mean) does not work, I doubt any GPS will without using an external antenna.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertn wrote:
If the iCN635 (I presume thats the one you mean) does not work, I doubt any GPS will without using an external antenna.

Not necessarily. I had a 510 and a 635 side by side in my Renault; the 510 got a lock but the 635 needed an external antenna plugged into it.
tigeruss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being as the other lines of thought seem to have gone quiet, I thought I'd start another...

I bought my icn510 a few months back, and have been really pleased with it on every aspect... Apart from roundabouts!

This is bloody difficult to explain in words, but here goes...

With the icn510 displaying both the map and the direction arrow, say I'm on a journey from my home town and going to Leicester, which will see me use the M1 motorway. I'm travelling along the A610 and eventually come to the M1 motorway Island. The icn510 will display 'Third Exit' along the top, which is correct, but the road number next to it displays the road number I'm already on (the A610 in this example) rather than the road number I'm exiting to (the M1 in this example), even though the road number I'm on is already displayed at the bottom of the screen. This leaves you having to suss-out which lane to use for the '3rd exit', which is often very difficult without knowing the road number you're exiting to.

Upon careful examination, when you go past the exit prior to the one you want, the road number you're exiting to along with 'exit left' is displayed for a split-second, but that's not much good when you've already annoyed everyone around you by being in the wrong lane!

The only way 'round' (ahem) this one which I have found is to have the 'step-by-step' display screen on instead of the map/direction combo. This lets you see the road name/number you're exiting to by reading the next step underneath the current one, but of course, you're losing the map-view by doing this.

Have I explained that well enough and does anyone else know where I'm coming from?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigeruss wrote:
Have I explained that well enough and does anyone else know where I'm coming from?

Your explanation is perfect and it happens to me, too. Navman are aware of the problem and hopefully it will be addressed but not, I suspect, in SmartST 2005.

Where's the A610, by the way? I lived in Loughborough, Leicester and Oadby for a number of years.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: