Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 2 - 1st Impression
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 2 - 1st Impression
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayshry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom 2 - 1st Impression Reply with quote

Dave,

I find it amazin you have mot replied to the Goodman, I am assuming that you impression of TomTom 2 have been less than satisfactory and therefore do not wish to encourage The goodman !!!!

Well, it seems that he was right, may CoPolit reign the navigation scene (depsite getting a rubbish rating in coputer active magazine where TomTom version 1 beat CoPolit !!!!! - any comments goodman ??)

TheGoodMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom 2 - 1st Impression Reply with quote

jayshry,

What I am trying to say is TomTom is good if your main concern is POI and speed cameras. However if you are looking for a good Sat Nav system which will take you from A to B than the better ones are available due to unable to find the road/street quickly.

MikeB,

a) as you are using Sat Nav why would you "end up in the wrong area".

Because when you try to search the place some of the times TomTom list one street more tahn once. For example Carlton Vale, London - Which one do you go to. So without the proper post code search trying to find the right street is Mission impossible. With CoPilot and Destinator you can type the first four letters of the post code and the first line of the address so easy to find the street.

b) Are you advocating that we should break the law and speed?

I have always been in favour of speed cameras and I really would like to see more of them because there cut down the road accidents. What I am saying is because of inaccurate search system when you end up in the wrong area it helps to know where the cameras are so even when you are running late YOU DO NOT BRAKE THE LAW.

I hope I have made myself clear and I am not advocating any one to break the law of the land.

The Goodman
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

I've followed your words and ended up in the wrong place. Probably me at the end of a very long day, but I'm not quite sure what you mean
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by TheGoodMan on 03 April 2003

... The speed camera list is essential when using TomTom 2 because when you end up in the wrong area you need to know where the speed cameras are so you can find the right street and get there quickly, with out getting the speed ticket – at lease TomTom 2.

The Goodman

Not quite sure I follow the logic here:

a) as you are using Sat Nav why would you "end up in the wrong area".

b) Are you advocating that we should break the law and speed?

jayshry
Occasional Visitor

So what are you trying to say, is TomTom 2 good or bad :-)

Dave I leave this one to you

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: