Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sweden - the country Tomtom forgott
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweden - the country Tomtom forgott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasseX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Sweden - the country Tomtom forgott Reply with quote

I have just installed the Nordic version of Navigator 2 and now there are no street-data at all. Every way is a doubledrive way, no shopping/walking street at all. You can drive in left side of the road (in Sweden we drive at right). You can cross a roundabout to the left who is totaly forbidden. In Navigator 1.x it was this problem in smaller town but it works in bigger (read the biggest). Now it´s the same problem in all town, even our capital, Stockholm. I cant use Navigator at all know.

Have anyone else, Swedish or not, this problem?
Matisse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Sweden - the country Tomtom forgott Reply with quote

I install the Sweden map yesterday and tried it out today around in my little town and in the roundabout TTN2 say that I shall drive to the left and so on.

With TTN1 I did not have this problem. So my version works the same way as yours!

Is that the same problem in the rest of Europe?
MasseX
Occasional Visitor

It works if you:

Uninstall Swedish maps (whole country)

Install maps "South Scandinavia"

I have tried today around Kalmar and it works perfect. I have also try the "demo-mode" in another towns I have problems befor (with TTN 1.x). It works in every place!!

So the problem is that you can forgett to install "Swedish maps". If you leave in south of cause.
Decker
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Have you contacted TomTom (Palmtop) about this?

I think it is important that everyone with Scandinavian maps contact Palmptop about their huge mistake with left traffic in the Scandinavian maps. I don't understand how Palmtop could have messed up like this. Unbelivable!!!

Decker
Matisse
Occasional Visitor

I drive this weekend to gothenburg from Eskilstuna and the firts thing who happend was that when I drive on to the motorway TTN2 tells me to take the next exit off and direct me to the motorway on the left side. In all roundabouts TTN2 tells me to drive clockwise.

I will uninstall Sweden maps and install "South Scandinavia" insted and see if it works better.

Jan

Decker
Occasional Visitor

Well the faults in the software is not something that we should accept. Maybe Palmtop does not have as many customers in Scandinavia as in for instance UK. Think about what would had happend if the UK maps had been f**ked up. Telling the drivers to drive on the wrong side of the road and to take roundabouts anticlockwise. The Scandinavian version costs as much as the other countrys. We should not accept that just part of the maps perhaps could work under ideal conditions and if we are lucky. If you have not contacted Palmtop about this problem please do.

Decker
bratland
Occasional Visitor

I contacted them yesterday. I'll post the reply as soon as I get one. I want to know when I can expect a corrected map!

Bratland
MasseX
Occasional Visitor

I have contacted Palmtop for over a week ago about a new version. They have´t answered yet.

I´m still (after 1 week) very saticfied with the Scandinavian maps. Every bugg i have reported from last summer is now ok.
Decker
Occasional Visitor

I also contacted them a couple of days ago and no answer. I guess they are aware of the problems in the Scandinavian maps. But it looks like they are trying to silence it to death. Well i´m not going to shut up until the problems has been corrected. It also looks like they left out the postcode routing in the Scandinavian version to. I can't find it anywhere. What do you mean when you say you are saticfied with the Scandinavian maps? I don't think it's ok that the software tries to make me drive on the wrong side of the road, or that they left out postcode functionallity in the Scandinavian version etc. They have to seriously look in to this and fast because i have already payed for a software i can't use.

Decker
Nokke
Occasional Visitor

I'm another one from Eskilstuna, Sweden with the same problem as the others with the swedish maps. I posted a complaint to Tomtom last friday, and haven't got any answer as of today.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Hmmm, this doesn't sound good. It sounds to me that the problem is probably with the geodata, which would mean TomTom talking to TeleAtlas and then issuing a replacement CD.

From what everyone has said above, I don't think it can be fixed with a quick software update (although I may be wrong).
Matisse
Occasional Visitor

I Uninstall Swedish maps (whole country) yesterday and install just the Stockholm part, and tried it out today and it seems to working OK. But I am going to work in Stockholm tomorrow and then I will see how it works.

I cant find any post code data in the sweden maps but for me the street number is more importent.

Jan

Eskilstuna

Sweden
bratland
Occasional Visitor

Dear customer,

It has come to our attention that one of the files on the TomTom Navigator Nordics CDROM (the file called "Sweden.CAB") was damaged. As a result, the map named "Sweden (94mb)" will seem to install correctly on your PocketPC, but certain road features (such as roundabouts) will not be handled correctly.

Since the other maps on the CDROM are not damaged, we suggest (as a temporary measure) that you use the other maps, such as the 16mb segments or the 122mb Sweden+Norway+Denmark combination map.

We are in the process of producing new CDROMs for TomTom Navigator Nordics. You will automatically receive a replacement CDROM by April 28th. We will use the same address as was used for the original order.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

TomTom Customer Support

Dave
Frequent Visitor

That's good to hear, but corrupted ?
StephenP
Occasional Visitor

http://www.tomtom.com/support/ce/support/navigator_sweden.php

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: