Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD-501 Problems Please Help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD-501 Problems Please Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gambit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: SD-501 Problems Please Help! Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm new to this forum but not to technology. I received a SD-501 GPS receiver and installed the GPS info software and deivers. I'm using the Ipaq RX3115. I plugged in the receiver and I get a red light. Which means there is no fix but I have power. I went into the GPS info program where I was able to select COM7 MANF-0501-CARDI I then select start GPS. I saw numbers and symbols at the bottom scrolling all the time. I then clicked on GPS info where I say 24 with a circle aroudd it. The time and date were wrong and I had no fix on a Satellite. I tried this all day and then finally tried some other programs. (Sorry can't remeber the name of the one that last worked) I then went back to GPS Info and now all I get is the red light. I click start and nothing. I did a soft reset, hard reset and even a firmware upgrade to really clear the memory. Still nothing. Is there any way to reset the SD-501? Or is there something really simple that I'm overlooking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Sad
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you try this are you holding the Pocket PC such that is has a good sky view?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Gambit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
When you try this are you holding the Pocket PC such that is has a good sky view?

I am 15 floors up in my condo. The first time I did it I was sitting in my office. with a clear view of the sky. After it stopped scrolling those numbers I took it outside. Nothing. No scrolling numbers. I thought I might have a defective receiver but it powers up and like I said before the programs find the receiver on COM 7 they just don't start.
Gambit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: SD-501 kinda working...... Reply with quote

After updating the firmware (twice) and using my back ups from active sync as well as my SD card, I was able to plug in my SD-501. The light came on red :D I selected the COM port which was 7. I then selected a baud rate of 38400. I know it says to use 4800, but I get nothing with that. On 38400 I see the info at the bottom scroling down the page Smile . So now I'm excited, I tab over to the GPS info page where there is #26 on the top circled in red and I'm reading "No Fix" HDOP 50 and VDOHP 50. When I use VisualGPSce I get a red blinking light at the bottom (the same one I'm supposed to get on the receiver) and it tells me "Satellites In View: 12". But nothing on the receiver. I've been reading that alot of people have had trouble but from what I can make out, most of them have seen their receiver blink and have had it fixed on 1 or more satellites. Any ideas?

Just got it. Don't want to have to buy another one. Bluetooth receivers are expenseive.

Thanks
Quote:
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold it out of the window and give it a good 15 minutes to download the initial tables.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Gambit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Hold it out of the window and give it a good 15 minutes to download the initial tables.

Thanks for your help. I've inside and outside with it. I will admit though I've never been just standing outside with it. I've always been in a car. Now I read that some cars windshields may impeed the signal. I'm going to do 2 things. I'm going to leave it at home tonight while I go out. Will leave it on and on the charger. I'll be back in a few hours. Should see something then. If not I'll take it outside with me and try the same. I'm now running GPSDash, GPSinfo, OziExplorer and VisualGPSce. I'd just like one of them to work.

Thanks again. Will let you know what I came up with.
Gambit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to lbendlin know that I got it to work. I had it on outside for a while but when I looked at it I realized it had frozen. I took it inside and plugged it into my charger. About an hour later I had some satellites. then more. I finally got a fix on 1 and saw my lef on my receiver blink for the first time since i got it. I've left it on for 10 hours and managed to get the correct time and date. Now just want to find some good software to install.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
asaf85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: I have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I have the same device and the same problem only I havn't gotten it to work
yet.
I am using the GPSVIEWER software which came whit the device'
I can see satelaites and ther even colored in blue.
But I still don't get any cords
Here are some screen shots, can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong:

Thank you
assaf avnaim[/img]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: