Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unable to add places to favourite list
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to add places to favourite list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Unable to add places to favourite list Reply with quote

I have just installed Navigator 2 on my Ipaq 3950, I seem to be having the following problem, I have found my street and when tapped the screen at the location of my house and selected "add to favourite" nothing happens. I cannot seem to add any locations to the favourite list.

Navigator 2 has also locked up my Ipaq on several occasions. Anyone else had this problem?

I think I will try a hard reset to make sure there are no traces of navigator 1 left.

Richard
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Unable to add places to favourite list Reply with quote

Richard

no problem with this (on a 3850) and no lockups - I did delete nav 1.5, nav voice and nav gps mannually before I installed.

Ian
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

Well I have just performed a hard reset and re-installed navigator to both main memory & SD Card(seperatlely of course). Exactly the same problem. I did manage to set my home address, not quite sure how I managed it though! but if you go to favourites menu hold down home and select "set as departure" nothing happens. There seems to be a major bug here. And still my Ipaq locks up.

I cannot help feeling dissapointed as I paid the full £118 for the product. I will try the same thing once I have it connected to my GPS in the morning allthough it should not make any difference. I used this feature all the time in Navigator 1

Does anyone have any ideas or can replicate the same fault.

Richard
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

when I click set as departure / set as destination nothing appears to happen but the flags are shown on the map display so it does do what says.

Have you got th latest rom paq in your Ipaq as I have read that a recent upgrade really crippled the sd card driver - not sure if this would cause the problem but I'm not seeing the issues you have.

Ian
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ian,

The standard Rom on my Ipaq was 1.00, I upgraded to 1.11 last night. I still cannot find a location on the map then touch that point and save it as a favourite. Sometimes it will work but never when I search for my street. I just tried to plan again selecting the start & stop from the fav menu & it worked. Then I tried again and when I selected home, then "select as departure" navigator shut down. I am a little confused to say the least. I hope this is not an issue with the 39xx Ipaq's

Richard
MikeA
Occasional Visitor

Same problem here. Adding to Favourites works at some map locations but not others, I think it must be a program error.

Mike
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

Dave,

If you are reading this, have you tried Navigator 2 on a 39xx Ipaq. Today I used it for the first time and what a disaster, something really weird is happening. It would seem once I pass the safety speed and the map view changes the gps signal just vanishes and my location isn't recognised. If I set the safety speed to say 90 so that the map screen is allways in view everything is ok... Weird.

I am going to revert back to the original ROM, I wonder if there there is an issue with using a SD card for the maps. Wat I don't understand is that I previously used the same config with navigator1 and there was not a problem having the maps on SD card. At the moment Navigator 2 is not usable, if the ROM change does not solve this then I really don't know where to go from here.

The plot thickens

Richard
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

Well I took the ROM back to 1.00, then installed navigator 1 first along with my map data containing fav's & POI's. Then performed an upgrade to version 2.

I still cannot add to favourites from the map. Also I cannot plan a route offline using fav 1 as point of departure. If I view my home on the map I still cannot clickk on it and set as departure, I have to search for the address. If I select fav 2 (my office) as a destination then this is OK. There is something deffinately wrong here, it would seem that if a place is stored as "Home" I cannot use it at all & still I am experiencimg lockups.

If anyone from TomTom is reading this then please can I have some help, I am beginning to get very frustrated.

I am off to work now so lets hope the change in ROM cured the problems I had yesterday or my software could very well end up back in the post.

Richard
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Richard (RichDem),

Have you reported your problems to TomTom? With TTN1 there were quite a few upgrades in quick succession. I would hope that they would respond quickly again if it is a problem with their software.

Richard (Oldie)

PS. Still waiting for my upgrade - I will be installing it on a 3970. Will it be or
Dave
Frequent Visitor

RichDem, we only installed it on a 3850 and 3630.
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE!

Changing the ROM back to 1.00 has sorted out the problems I had yesterday thankfully. There is obviously something in the new ROM that affects the access of the SD card.

So I have been experimenting the main problems are:

1) Tapping on a location in the map screen - Unable to ad this position as favourite (sometimes this does work though)

2) Unable to tap on a location in the map screen and set as either point of departure or destination (again sometimes this is possible)

3) I have 2 fav's Home (Pos 2) & Office (pos 3) I can select office and set as either point of departure or destination but I cannot do anything with the other fav (home) I have even tried moving it to a different position and still no luck

4) If I am connected to a GPS and in the navigator screen selecting navigate to "Home" in the fav list does nothing, it does not matter which postion it is located in, the only way I can navigate home is to manually search the address.

I am also going to email TomTom, this is a pretty major problem which I hope will be put right soon. To anyone else reading this with navigator 2 I would appreciate any feedback as to whether this happens on any other Ipaq's.

Richard
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

Update 2!!

I have just tried selecting various points on the map and adding them to the favourite list. The problem seems to be random, sometimes it does work and I can select a location on the map and either save as a favourite or set as departure or destination and sometimes nothing will happen.

I have also emailed TomTom support with a detailed description of the problem and ill post a message when I hear from them,

Richard
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

Richdem

I think the rom update problem is related to having an sd card in the slot when you upgrade the rom.

If you don't have a card inserted at the time of the upgrade it may work ok - I thought that they had released an upgrade to sort this out.

One other thought what happens if you,load a small section map into memory - does TTN2 still have the problems?

Cheers

Ian

alienrider
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by RichDem on 05 April 2003

To anyone else reading this with navigator 2 I would appreciate any feedback as to whether this happens on any other Ipaq's.

Richard

Hi,

I use TTN2 on 3850 and with the complete GB Map on a 512 MB Compact Flash Card and the Socket BT GPS, with none of the problems with lockups or program errors that some people seem to be experiencing.

However I notice that if you drive into say an unmarked area nowhere near a recognised road, TTN2 on Navigator screen will report the GPS as unreliable, when you do actually have a fix. As soon as you approach a road it knows it will lock on and report the GPS fix. This one kept me in the car 10 minutes until I realised this.

Hope this helps,

B
xjt00
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by alienrider on 06 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by RichDem on 05 April 2003

To anyone else reading this with navigator 2 I would appreciate any feedback as to whether this happens on any other Ipaq's.

Richard

Hi,

I use TTN2 on 3850 and with the complete GB Map on a 512 MB Compact Flash Card and the Socket BT GPS, with none of the problems with lockups or program errors that some people seem to be experiencing.

However I notice that if you drive into say an unmarked area nowhere near a recognised road, TTN2 on Navigator screen will report the GPS as unreliable, when you do actually have a fix. As soon as you approach a road it knows it will lock on and report the GPS fix. This one kept me in the car 10 minutes until I realised this.

Hope this helps,

B

The same thing happened to me, too. Last night I drove from Terminal 2 back home, Navigator screen was reporting GPS unreliable until I reached M25 from M4.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: