Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Yet Another Newbie
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet Another Newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dabhand16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Yet Another Newbie Reply with quote

Treated myself to a Mio 168 and TTN3 for Christmas. I rate myself at about 3/10 - 4/10 in terms of computer literacy and got up and running fairly easily. however, as I progressed I found a lot of areas where I wondered How.... or If.... Luckily, I found this site, and after browsing the forums I found ALL of the answers I needed! This is indeed a treasure trove of knowledge and help.

Now, less than a week after unpacking the Mio I have added the Safety Camera Database and am running CheckPOInt 3.2 and Digitools UK Postcodes.

I am particularly impressed that the vast majority of questions are answered individually in spite of the majority of the problems and queries that newbies trip up on recurring regularly, without simply referring to previous threads, unless there is a particular advantage to do so.

Like so many others I would like to thank everyone for your commitment and patience.
TTN3 3.03 (427) / Sprite Premium 3.1.4 b2419 / CheckPOInt 3.2.0.0 / Digitools UK PostCode / GPSW Safety Camera Database
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you like the site and find it really helpful. We do try to answer as many questions as possible and you're right a lot do tend to re-occur on a weekly basis.

We are looking to put some FAQ's together in each forum for each product which hopefully will help the masses that won't sit down and read the forums before posting and this should hopefully cut down on some of these questions, but it looks like you took the time to do some quality reading and it paid off! :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: