Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN 510 Service Pack 1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN 510 Service Pack 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macsmart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: iCN 510 Service Pack 1 Reply with quote

Service Pack 1 for iCN 510 is available since a few days. Whats new after installing this patch?

Regards from Germany,
Juergen
breers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juergen

Sorry not to much help here - could you let me know what a service pack is or does? new to the sat nav world

breers
PaulWildsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see here:

http://www.navmansupport.com/smartst_pro/SmartST_Pro/UpdateKBs/iCN5xx_3_20041027.htm
Spider-101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be being dim, where do you get the service pack from? I can't find it not the Navman Website.

Thanks
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to Navman's website here, there is a box on the left which says "Navman Service Packs". Click on it and follow the link for iCN510. Make sure you have your 510 connected to the PC. Alternatively, read this page.
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Tim? I'm not the only one........
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but you've been here longer. Twisted Evil Taunt Stupid
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After using the SP1 for a couple of days, the big improvements as far as I'm concerned are:
1. The POI icons no longer disappear!! Yippee!
2. There is more detail regarding the current road name on the bottom of the 3d screen. For instance, the A3 west of the M25: previously the road name only appeared if it was called something like the Ripley Bypass. At other times it was blank. Now the A3 is clearly named and other names replace it as you travel along.
3. You can now type in the house no. you are looking for instead of being offered a range of numbers.
4. The numerical keyboard is complete.

Overall, a few decent improvements to some of the more niggling faults.
JChew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past, the unit only presented a limited range of addresses and did not allow entry of specific house numbers. I had to pick the house number range closest to the destination and navigate to it on the map. Now with SP1, I can type in specific house numbers javascript:emoticon(Crying), but the unit still will not accept any number that is not part of the original, limited range. javascript:emoticon('Sad')

Example:
Destination>Address>California>San Francisco>45th Ave>1200 (house number)

The unit will not accept this house number because it still appears to be referencing the original limited range (starting with 1900).

I understand that the address database and the map database are separate. I'm not sure if TeleAtlas is responsible for both. The map appears to cover the addresses, but the incomplete address database is still a problem.
Pekkle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JChew wrote:
In the past, the unit only presented a limited range of addresses and did not allow entry of specific house numbers. I had to pick the house number range closest to the destination and navigate to it on the map. Now with SP1, I can type in specific house numbers javascript:emoticon(Crying), but the unit still will not accept any number that is not part of the original, limited range. javascript:emoticon('Sad')

Example:
Destination>Address>California>San Francisco>45th Ave>1200 (house number)

The unit will not accept this house number because it still appears to be referencing the original limited range (starting with 1900).

I understand that the address database and the map database are separate. I'm not sure if TeleAtlas is responsible for both. The map appears to cover the addresses, but the incomplete address database is still a problem.

Hi JChew, Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I am looking to find out. I was going to buy it back again to see how SP1 improved the handling of address but I guess you have answered my question.
larkshall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Service Pack what service pack? Reply with quote

There is no service pack for the ICN510, either on Navman site, or via the direct link in Smartst on pc.

There is summat for the 6 series.

Had my ICN 4 5 weeks, its ok on the whole, apart from

Sending me in a never ending loop around the Outskirts of Luxemburg (road works).

No Gatso POI on N55 between Aachen and Monschau (there are 3 got flashed by all of them), noted the Long/Lat on my Garmin handheld. Yes had got the EU POI's loaded)

Maps being terribly out of date (Bypass around Selby unknown), a blocked off road in Selby not known (been like that for 8 years).

Oh whilst sitting at Zeebrugge ferry port, got it to work a route to York, and although ferries info loaded, the route was from Zeebrugge, down the French coast somewhere, to the chunnel......I ask you

regards

David Low
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no service pack for the ICN510, either on Navman site, or via the direct link in Smartst on pc.

Click here for the service packs The 510 is the fifth product down.

No Gatso POI on N55 between Aachen and Monschau (there are 3 got flashed by all of them), noted the Long/Lat on my Garmin handheld. Yes had got the EU POI's loaded)

The camera database relies on user submissions and is not infallable. Please send in the missing cameras for inclusion.

Maps being terribly out of date (Bypass around Selby unknown), a blocked off road in Selby not known (been like that for 8 years).

This unfortunately is a TeleAtlas error, but you could submit them to Navman who will pass them on to TA.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icsys wrote:
This unfortunately is a TeleAtlas error, but you could submit them to Navman who will pass them on to TA.

Or even better, cut out the middle man and report map errors directly to TeleAtlas. Each submission receives a reference ID and you can use the reference ID you're given (this is given once, at the time of submission and not via email, so I save all references to a text file immediately) on the same page to see if anything is being done about it.

For instance, if you go to the page in the Hyperlink above, (click on the red TeleAtlas), select "View request status" and put the reference W007oko45 into the box, it will tell you about a submission I made on October the 17th.

Oh, and if you do use the form, you'll need to type in what product you're using manually if you're using anything with V3, as the new software isn't in the list yet.
larkshall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks guys, will have a go at teleatlas

Where do I send gatso co-ordinates (Europe),and camera info?
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send any camera additions / changes to
cameras-at-pocketgpsworld.com
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: