Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman SmartST V3.0 installation error with iCN630
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman SmartST V3.0 installation error with iCN630

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigDug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Navman SmartST V3.0 installation error with iCN630 Reply with quote

Hi,

As this is a new version of SmartST I am praying someone has seen this error on previous versions.....

I have tried to upgrade my iCN630 to SmartST v3.0 and the unit now displays the following error!

Bootloader 3.09.0001 built on Sept 02 2004 at 13:12:30
Abort,Halted
Execution Address was 0xFFFFFFFF

And now the unit is an excellent paperweight. It won't get past the initial boot anymore.....

Has anyone experienced a similar problem when trying to upgrade their iCN600 series with SmartST v.30 or any other version?
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

If you are still having problems why don't you call Navman ASAP ( like now) on 01293 780 500. You might just find someone there now.

Regards

alfieB

Navman iCN630

Navman N60i

Navman Mio S505

Navman Mio Spirit 695 LM

Mio Spirit 7670 LM Truck
DigDug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh,

Just too late, they are on voicemail now until Monday.....

Thanks for the number though. I will call first thing Monday......

Even tried to re-install SmartST v2.0 SP 3.... and get the same error.

When I boot the iCN630 I get the USB-PC connect screen, even if the PC is not connected to the iCN630....

I received an email from the Navman Store Support, apologising for their registration server being down and until it is back online I won't be able to install SmartST V3.0.... At least someone from Navman is responding....

Guess its back to directions from theaa.com until I can get this resolved.
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I got V3 today - and being adventurous 8O I went for the install - and at second attept managed to register it ok and it loaded up fine. :D

I did try and look at this site earlier as I did spot this thread, but couldn't get in and actually read it! Rolling Eyes

As mine worked ok I'm glad I didn't!

So far so good- not actually used it for real - but the simulation works ok, and does give some interesting routes!

And YES the M6 toll is in :D

Website

The answer is 42. Now what is the question?
sfi1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By interesting do you mean bizarre ?
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. no, not bizzarre, just interesting!

I did a sim from my house to a place I regularly go - and the old route would be down the main roads (Pretty much the same as Autooute actually!), but with V3 it was taking a much more direct route (I did change the preferences to just off quickest route).

Its the way I would consider going out of rush hour - but it does go to one particularly bad right hand turn. (Not the fault of the software - I don't see how they could judge that type of discission!)

Still haven't tried it in the real world yet - but I am going on a couple of long trips in the next few days so time will tell.

The front end is much more sexy!

So far it does look good!

Website

sfi1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May i suggest that you try one of the simulated routes by actually driving it. I'd be very interested to see if the two match (unlike V2). It's something that i've been looking for, a match between simulated and real world and if Navman have finally cracked it i'll be getting V3 very soon !
DigDug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, After spendin most of Monday morning with Tech support.... Very helpful indeed. The problem wasn't resolved.

However, I decided to give it one more try from a friends home PC, and Voila...... I now have ST3 installed. It looks like the problem has something to do with other SW installed on my laptop(2 environments) and my home PC....

So I am not sure what caused the problem, but should anyone else have the problem I suggest you try to upgrade using a different PC.

V3.0 looks great, but there are a couple of funnies... the Male/Female voices are really naf, and the POI's have a little bug where you don't have full access to remove POI that you don't want to see.... I couldn't remove Natural Attractions, not matter what I did, unless I chose to remove POI's altogether....

All in all, a great improvement over ST 2.0
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Digdug,

You said
Quote:
Male/Female voices are really naf

Are you sure you installed them? I have found the female one (I've not changed it from default!) very acceptable, and better than V2.
I noticed when I installed all the software that the voice files were about 7Mb on the iCN but only 2Mb on the disk - so I copy them across.

I do find the startup time a little slow.

But there are some massive improvments - for example in no particular order:

1. If the next turn instruction is more than the width of the screen, it becomes two lines of text.
    2. One of the screens shows the next junction in detail with you on the junction if you have reached it.
    3. The small junction icon on the top left is more like the actual juction - and the distance to go is also just beneath that icon - so it means the main display can be something else if you want.

Some things haven't changed - some estimated times (Particularly in urban areas) are unreal! M40 to edge of sloug about 6minutes.

Website

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: