Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handnav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handnav
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekirbyfake
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Handnav Reply with quote

I've been having terrible problems with my GPS system. I've had to replace the power cable for my Seidio mount 3 times and this week the mount itself broke.

However, Chetan at Handnav has always replaced the parts without delay and has offered a helpful professional service.

When my powered mount failed this week I happened to be in the Enfield area so I actually went to see Chetan and he exchanged the faulty one for a brand new Arkon mount which has so far worked flawlessly.

Good on you Handnav!

HTC TyTn; TT6 BT; 1Gb SanDisk MicroSD
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recent experience of Handnav has also been good. My father ordered a ProClip, and I ordered a new Brodit mount. Both arrived one day later than the "Deferred order released" email led me to believe (that arrived on Friday, and I was half hoping I'd see my mount on Monday).

However, Monday brought an email with a Recorded Delivery number, and the goods arrived on Tuesday. My father's order proceeded at exactly the same speed.

Considering that it's hard to hold stocks of all the Brodit products, this was a commendable performance by Handnav, whose prices are especially clear because they include shipping. Well done, Chetan - I remember long delays when ordering Brodit products a couple of years ago, but this was an excellent customer experience.

David
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Handnav - 12 month guarantee Reply with quote

Unfortunately I've not had the best experience with Handnav so far. I bought a Seidio G2500 for a Dell X3 back in May as it was about the only option then and it worked fine but recently it has started to frequently lose connection to the Dell.

I've emailed Handnav 3 times over the last 2 weeks and called a couple of times but the phone was never picked up. I finally got thorough yesterday only to be told that I must contact Seidio direct.

Looks like the 12 month guarantee mentioned on their website, ‘If your product develops a fault after more than 7 days, it will be covered by our 12 month guarantee…. ‘ isn't worth much and from what other people have said emails to Seidio disappear into a black hole.
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

After 28 days product is covered by company warranty, Seidio has replaced units directly from their warehouse after this period for many other customers, however if you do not hear from David [President of the company] within 5 days of your email than please contact me and I will change your Seidio G2500 Mount for Dell X3 for the new one if there is fault with the unit.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may caused you. Should you wish to speak to me, please free to call me on 020 8443 4337.

Thank you.

Regards
Chetan
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Handnav 1 Seidio Nil Reply with quote

I called Chetan last Friday to let him know that as expected I’d heard nothing from Seidio. He apologised on behalf of Seidio and as I’d been without my unit for a little while he offered to send a replacement unit immediately; it arrived on Monday and everything is working fine now.

The end result is that I will look at buying from Handnav in future as they stand by the products they sell but it won’t be a Seidio product!

I see Seidio only offer a 6 month warranty now (has this changed?) which to me shows little faith in their own products.
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for confirming the receipt of your replacement and we are glad to know that you are happy with our service and your replacement mount is working to your satisfaction.

Please free to contact us if you require any further assistance.

Handnav Technolgy Limited
mjhodgson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I am having a less than satisfactory service from handnav.

2 weeks ago I ordered a mount for my Loox, got the "thank you for your order" email. Heard nothing since.

I've sent 2 emails requesting information when it is going to arrive, and not received replies to either.

Delays in delivery are acceptable, not replying to emails asking about information when it is due, are not acceptable.

This is not very good.
Glynned
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Handnav Poor Customer Service Reply with quote

I to have placed an oder for a Brodit mount on the 27th November, 2004. Again I've heard nothing since.

I also sent two e-mails, no reply!

I understand there is sometimes a delay in delivery of these mounts and I also understand they are not able to keep all Brodit mounts in stock as they are car model specific.

However failing to reply to two e-mails and a request for a phone call is poor customer relations at best and downright rude at worst.

It's possible of course they may have some problem with their system and the e-mails don't get through, but until they contact me I won't know. I have tried to ring them, but no one seems to answer.

Not at all happy with this company Evil or Very Mad
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to apologize for service you received and I am willing to help and resolve the issues as soon as possible.

Please contact me on 020 8443 4337, your forum here do not help because there is no names given. Without any names on the forums it is impossible to know details of your order.

Regards
Chetan
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recent experience is that Handnav are pretty good in getting Brodit parts to customers, but there can be delays as people have acknowledged.

Hopefully Chetan can sort out the delays here.

David
taffy056
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: I certainly do not rate them, at present Reply with quote

Hi Handnav,

As somebody who has ordered an Arkon mount from yourselves, I look at the above posts with a certain amount of regret that I ordered from you, the phone number above is never answered, and the e-mails I have sent has not been answered (as I write), so how can you claim to offer good customer service?

My order was made on the 12/12/04, okay so it was only 4 days ago, and this order is due to be delivered tomorrow (Free UK deilivery normally 3 - 5 days), I had the DEFERRED ORDER RELEASED e-mail on the 13/12/04, and this is the day the order was despatched according to your e-mail. But still not received the item, how long does it take to mail something from Enfield down to Swansea?

As I said in my e-mail to yourselves (sales@handnav.co.uk), I will not be a returning customer because of your lack customer service!

Craig Lewis
Glynned
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reference my earlier post.

I have tried to contact Chetan on the number given several times since his post to no avail, half the time the number was engaged, the other half the phone just rang and rang. Once I left it ringing for ten minutes, still no reply, so I gave up.

However I've just had confirmation from Secpay that my order has been released, so I think my post in this forum may have had some influence.

It's a pity Handnav don't read their own e-mails as quickly as they read the forum posts, then they may not have to answer posts from disatisfied customers in these forums and risk their reputation in the community as a whole. I know no company is perfect and that problems do occur, I hope this is a on-off and from previous posts in these forums, Chetan would seem to be on the ball and very helpful.

I now look forward to delivery of my order, soon!

Glynned :o 8)
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Handnav, not unsurprisingly considering it's free shipping, use second class Recorded. It sounds as if you got an email with a Recorded Delivery number and a date of despatch. I know I did.

At this time of the year, the Royal Mail guarantees don't apply anyway, but I believe they talk about the third working day for Second Class, not the second. That means that even outside the Christmas period, it wasn't due until today - and in the Christmas period it may be even later.

Unfortunately Royal Mail cannot track Recorded Delivery items through their system (they can with Special Delivery).

David
Glynned
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I'll wait until about the 5th January, then. Laughing
taffy056
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

In regards to your recorded delivery comment, you can track the progress of the delivery through recorded delivery, I send a lot of items recorded and I do track them through the Royal Mail website.

Craig

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: