Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - That stupid re-aligning page!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

That stupid re-aligning page!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: That stupid re-aligning page! Reply with quote

Hi guys

Ok quite often I dont use my medion for a while and when I return to it I have to go through the setup and do the copy and paste stuff. I hate doing this, is there a way to bypass it please?

Thanks for any help

Ann
OBH6UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charge it at least once a week. Or don't but backup the device and then realign each time and then restore.
Ann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya and thanks for your reply.

The charging once a week is never gonna happen as I keep it in my drawer upstairs and I forget!

I dont really know what you mean by that bit, I havent told it to restore? I havent changed it at all?

Cheers

Ann
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocket PCs require battery power to maintain their memory, as the main memory is RAM for speed reasons.

If you let the battery go flat, the Pocket PC will hard reset - which returns it to its 'factory fresh' state. Whilst your Navigon software clearly survives this, I expect any custom settings and similar will be lost.

I'd strongly recommend leaving the machine on charge when it's not in use - Lithium Ion batteries don't like being run flat and can be damaged that way. It'll also save you the hassle of going through the screen alignment - there is no way around that if the device has lost power.

If you want to restore settings and the like, I recommend Sprite Backup - but you still have to align the screen to restore a Sprite Backup file.

David
Ann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David and many thanks for you reply.

Right I see, i'll probably just have to leave it on charge then. No the software doesnt survive it, I still have to reinstall navigon but its not a long job. Its just the stupid screen alignment and then the 'how to' cut and paste etc that I have to go through everytime!

Thanks again

Ann

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: