Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW NAVMAN icn 510 en-route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW NAVMAN icn 510 en-route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_don
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: NEW NAVMAN icn 510 en-route Reply with quote

Hello all,

Well I thought I'd get on the band wagon and join the sat nav world :D

I've just ordered a Navman iCN510 - all in price a cool £364.91 - direct from a distribution company we buy our IT kit from 8)

I've not added any memeory sticks ect.. what should I go for CF? or the other.. Confused

The windshield mount, is this sufficinet, or should i be looking at getting a different one...?

Cheers,
thanks for reading,

Mark
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good price. Have they got any more? There's no point buying a CF card for your iCN510 as its built-in slot only takes either SD orMMC cards. Smile
marky_don
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim,

To be honest thier stock sheet stated 64 of them as from today, but buying them would be a mare, as they dont supply to joe public, so to speak, its only because we buy lots of kit I got it at this price....

their tom tom price was 369 + VAT, so I guess thats market rate.

As for the Memory cards, which one should I get, kingston seems to be a good flavour.
larkshall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Memory card sizing Reply with quote

Frankly,, I would buy as big a card as you can get.

The standard 128mb card is too small if you add ireland, Gatso POI's, and EU roads basemap.

It u want the detail maps of EU countries eg Germany, that is 384MB on its own !!!!!!!!!!.

I hve run out of space on a 256mb card.

I have to have a card which will hold Northern Europe detail, EU Basemap, full UK detail Maps, so am looking for biggest I can get

is there a 1gig card?
EFC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link for a 1gb MMC card for £56.95 inc vat :D

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=65990
Jeevan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: SD or MMC? / Where to buy UK Maps only? Reply with quote

So just to clarify:

a 128mb card would be sufficient to hold the UK maps and the safety camera databases?

I'm not too bothered about european countries.

Also, i know this question has been asked but dont know if its been answered - what is the best type to go for i.e. SD or MMC? And also, what is the best brand for each.

The only reason i ask is because i have heard that not all brands are fully compatible or reliable with the navman.

And one last thing, i am thinking of purchasing the navman icn 510 in new york. does anyone know where would be a decent and cheap place to purchase from?

and finally, does anyone know where i can get just the SmartST UK Maps software? Smile
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The supplied SD card is enough to hold Scotland, Nortern Ireland, East Midlands, Southern England, Northern England, Wales and West Midlands, United Kingdom Ferries, Ireland Ferries, all our GATSO files and a number of POI files.

If you are thinking of purchasing the iCN in the US, then you will have to purchase the UK maps from Navman (currently not available).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: