Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how much memory
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how much memory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: how much memory Reply with quote

can somebody please tell me how much of a memory card i need to put in so that i can have all the camera points listed as i tried to add the speed cameras as poi with a 256mb card and it said not enough room -- would a 512 be sufficient for this task ?
Dennis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get all the camera databases on - all four, on the standard card.

Den
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you have a look at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13041
bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis wrote:
I get all the camera databases on - all four, on the standard card.

Den
when you said you got all four on a standard card -- the card i got pre loaded with maps is full so i copied the maps from cd to a 256mb card and tried to load databases on to it but it said there was not enough space on card so how did you get them all on yours -- what size of card have you got ? also when i go into setting - maps - iternal memory it says there are no maps loaded -- is this correct or have i not loaded maps that i should have?
Dennis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed the camera databases onto the 128 meg that came with the unit. It worked fine. Maps don't load onto internal memory - they are on the card. I think maps only load into internal memory on the hard disk based navmans which this is not - probably standard software that covers both types of machine. I just follwed the directions given above on the link to load the files.

Den
bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis wrote:
I just installed the camera databases onto the 128 meg that came with the unit. It worked fine. Maps don't load onto internal memory - they are on the card. I think maps only load into internal memory on the hard disk based navmans which this is not - probably standard software that covers both types of machine. I just follwed the directions given above on the link to load the files.

Den

many thanks dennis i have done what you said and it appears to have loaded fine this time --many thanks for your help dennis

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: