Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SmartST V2.0 - iPAQ 5450 (installation problem)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SmartST V2.0 - iPAQ 5450 (installation problem)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barflux
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: SmartST V2.0 - iPAQ 5450 (installation problem) Reply with quote

Hi,

I keep getting optpack bus driver error? Navman said it is a problem with installation, so I tried it on another computer, but still the same error. I also wiped the system and got it to work, but when I installed Omega one Battery Pack or Journal Bar, then Navman would not load, just come up with a box with a round circle as if it is loading but does nothing or I get an error sm_resources.dll?

I have over 38mb Program memory and 18mb storage memory free, and 742mb on the storage card free.

It seems either I have Omega One's Journal Bar and Battery Pack or Navman software. At present, I have saved two backup of either scenario which works without the other, but both don't work?

Any ideas?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can ignore the optpack bus driver error - the installer also tries to detect the old Navman iPAQ jacket, and fails because none is present.

As for the other issue - can you post a list of installed programs? Maybe something else interferes with the serial port. Or, worst case, it's "DLL hell" when two applications have registered different DLLs under the same name.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a somewhat tangential note, I've really gone off Omega One's software - especially Battery Pack Pro.

A couple of years ago there was nothing to match Battery Pack. However, more recent versions of Battery Pack seem to have added more and more features without fully debugging what was already there. They also turn on a lot of features by default without warning the user, giving him/her an option as to what to install and even without making it obvious how to turn these features off. The last time I installed my copy of Battery Pack Pro, I automatically had Power Buttons, repeating alarm support and modifying the behaviour of the close button installed and switched on.

I've now moved to using Spb's Pocket Plus 2.2 and doing without Battery Pack Pro. I find it does everything I used Battery Pack Pro to do in a cleaner, more easily configurable way, and it's fully compatible with the latest Windows Mobile 2003 SE machines with VGA screens, like my new iPAQ hx4700. The one missing feature in Pocket Plus, which is "Power Buttons" (the ability to configure a different option for a long press on a hardware button to a short one) is built in to the hx4700 and it's more reliable than the Omega One implementation was, too.

The only niggle I have with Pocket Plus is that I'd like a few more options in the repeating alarms support (which you have to turn on through 'Advanced Features' first). WM2003SE seems to fix the alarm bugs that plagued some WM2003 and, indeed, Pocket PC 2002 devices. In particular, I'd like an option that silences repeating ascending alarms if the Pocket PC is muted - also a bit more control on how long ascending alarms sound for and how many times they repeat would be nice.

I did suggest the 'mute' enhancement to Spb and they said they weren't interested - but that was before the advent of WM2003SE. Maybe they'd be more interested now, not least because I feel it's a fairly simple piece of programming to enhance code that already works fine on my hx4700.

This is just my personal opinion, but I'm unlikely to go back to using Battery Pack Pro even if they produce a version that doesn't have compatibility problems with my hx4700. Meanwhile, if I decide I want a Journal Bar type feature, I'm more likely to achieve what I can't already achieve using the (free) AvantGo with the new RSS program from Ilium Software. I may well evaluate NewsBreak when I get an opportunity.

David
barflux
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You can ignore the optpack bus driver error - the installer also tries to detect the old Navman iPAQ jacket, and fails because none is present"

I can't even ignore it, as it stops the installation and automatically removes everything.

My Program List:

Omega One Battery Pack Pro & journal Bar
Axis Communication Camera Explorer
Adobe Acrobat reader
Webis Pocket Informant 5, icon pack
Airscanner anti virus
mobimate worldmate pro
illum software ewallet
sierra wireless aircard 750
pumatech intelisync
sprite software pocket mon, space detective, backup
[/quote]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: