Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Adding Safety Camera Support to Navman Products
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding Safety Camera Support to Navman Products
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Adding Safety Camera Support to Navman Products Reply with quote

Since the October release of the Safety Cameras, instructions have now changed for Navman users running V3 software which includes the V3 software itself (not yet released), iCN510, iCN635 and iCN650.

These instructions can be found here.
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

I see in your first paragraph, that you specifically exclude the iCN620/630 from this this procedure. I am aware that the new V3 software will not run on the iCN620 but why did you include the iCN630 as well Question

Was it because the V3 software package is not yet available Question

Regards

alfieB Thumbs Up

Navman iCN630

Navman N60i

Navman Mio S505

Navman Mio Spirit 695 LM

Mio Spirit 7670 LM Truck
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.
STUD00
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Adding Safety Camera Support to Navman Products Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Since the October release of the Safety Cameras, instructions have now changed for Navman users running V3 software which includes the V3 software itself (not yet released), iCN510, iCN635 and iCN650.

These instructions can be found here.

hi

i have been trying to click on the link you have place in the forum but all i'm getting is a blank page i got a NAvman ICN 610 V3 i have updated it with SP1 from navman but would like to know if there are any other update for it and would also like to add the Speed camrea update to it

thanks
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been experiencing high levels of traffic. This has now died down to normal levels so try again you should be able to get through now.
Quinny1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the database not recognise which direction you are travelling,because the warning tone on my sat nav goes off,no matter which way I'm travelling?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the fault of the database, rather it is because the Proximity Alert function built into V3 of SmartST PRO is based on giving the warning of any specified Custom POI within a given radius. You will get alerts for Custom POIs on parallel roads, for POIs on roads going under or over the road you are travelling on, etc..

Also, bear in mind that many cameras are rotatable. The database, if it acted on a directional basis, would have to be updated every time one of these cameras was spun around to face in the other direction.

I believe the TT GO has a tickbox to only warn of POIs on the current route. This is something which has been suggested to Navman as an option; hopefully they'll take it up.
Quinny1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Tim,clear as mud now. Laughing Laughing
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the iCN even without a route bacause of the $peed Cam alert - The tick box option would not be very useful to me Sad

I would rather have at alert if you are on the same road as the camera, but then, what happens when a camera is near an intersection? When I think about it, I think Navman has it pretty right. If I know there is a camera somewhere close, I can look out for it or slow down, rather than expecting the computer to drive my car for me.
AdamHoyle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just tried to load the speed cameras into my iCN650, difficult or what!
Incorrect file formats, No POIs on input file. The file doesn't look anything like the instructions!
Gave up after nearly 6 hours of changing from CSV to Excel, to Notepad, refromatting columns, adding commas, changing columns from Longitude to Latitude etc et c.

Sorry, I know it is me, but after 20 of using computers from the ZX81 onwards, I give up!

Confused
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamHoyle wrote:
Hi

Just tried to load the speed cameras into my iCN650, difficult or what!
Incorrect file formats, No POIs on input file. The file doesn't look anything like the instructions!
Gave up after nearly 6 hours of changing from CSV to Excel, to Notepad, refromatting columns, adding commas, changing columns from Longitude to Latitude etc et c.

Sorry, I know it is me, but after 20 of using computers from the ZX81 onwards, I give up!

Confused

Are you using the correct CSV files? You should be using those in the Other Folder.

Notepad is the only really safe way to edit the CSV file. You can't accidently save it in a different format.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get it quick before it's charged for....
Steve-on-A34
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Problems Loading on Navman? Reply with quote

The file structures supplied do NOT lend themselves to easy uploading to Navman devices. The supplied instructions are actually not 100% correct so I’m not surprised you had problems

I have written a SED script I run over the supplied file structures that fixes it. SED is a UNIX editor but a windows version is available free from various websites to download.

If anyone wants my script then let me know and I’ll either post it as a message to copy (it’s only 23 lines) or send you a copy. It takes seconds to run and makes life so much easier to install on the Navman.

Mind you if they are going to charge for the files, there really should be a directory in the right format for all the supported platforms in the download.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems Loading on Navman? Reply with quote

Steve-on-A34 wrote:
The file structures supplied do NOT lend themselves to easy uploading to Navman devices. The supplied instructions are actually not 100% correct so I’m not surprised you had problem

Mind you if they are going to charge for the files, there really should be a directory in the right format for all the supported platforms in the download.

When I'm replying to a two month old post, I like to check that what I'm writing is accurate. As far as uploading to Navman devices is concerned, the .asc files require no editing. I'd say they lend themselves to VERY easy uploading to suitable Navman devices.
Steve-on-A34
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accepted the post was old, but no one else seemed to have put there head above the parapet and replied. I have checked the asc files and the comments still stand. Having the file as an asc only means the first line is already commented out. My gripe revolves more around the structure of the lines and file naming. For reasons best known to Navman, it does not like the ‘@’ character so a line such as ‘-2.08936,53.50270,"GATSO:3@20"’ when imported in to the Navman POI editor becomes “20@53.50270, -2.08936, GATSO:3@20”. Sometimes you can get away with it, other times the system gives odd errors. In Navman terms the ‘@20’ adds no value, so I remove it from the lines giving a cleaner import. If you try and edit it in the POI editor you can’t as it says ‘20@53.50270 is not a valid floating point value’, so you have to change it in notepad. Next for some strange reason you will have to ask Navman, it likes 6 decimal places, not the 5 supplied. I simply pad each entry with a zero and now the POI editor is more than happy with the file. Next, Navman only supports 8 character file names. Whilst I understand why you call the files the way you do, it make life just that bit more complex for Navman entries. So I rename the files from for example pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.asc to gatso_20.asc. The import utility to the device now automatically gets a good name saving many mishaps when loading several files in to the device. Finally I copy some relevant images to the same directory and rename along the way so that it is only take a few clicks to get a matching image to go with the file. Now don’t get me wrong, I think the database is excellent, and have used it for a long time now (only just joined the forums though), but creating a folder for Navmans with these changes would make life so much easier.

Please accept this as a constructive criticism, not a knock at an excellent service that I will subscribe to.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: