Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Haicom 303s Driver ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Haicom 303s Driver ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matrick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Haicom 303s Driver ? Reply with quote

Hi, I am using an HP 2210 IPAQ with TT3 and a Haicom 303s (the green Xtrac model) GPS receiver. I am a bit confused as to which driver I should be using.

I always assumed that I should be using the ‘NMEA 0183v2 4800’ driver as told by the retailer. However due to poor results I have been experimenting through the driver list - first with a ‘Haicom GPS’ driver which gave similar results as the ‘NMEA 0183v2 4800’ – an absolute maximum of an 8 SAT fix but averaging a 5 SAT fix.

Knowing that the GPS was a Sirf Xtrac unit I tried the ‘Sirf 4800’ driver from the list and had interesting results. Firstly when looking at the GPS ‘Status’ screen I could see red bars but they were switching channels rapidly between 1 and 8 bars; However the navigator screen indicator bar was indicating typically a steady maximum 11 SAT fix with an average 8 SAT fix.

Therefore the ‘Sirf 4800’ driver works the best and although the GPS status screen channels appear to jump, the actual GPS position is steady and has a greater SAT fix numerically than the other drivers. This solution works really well.

Can anyone shed any light on this ? What is the correct driver to use ? If the correct driver is not the ‘Sirf 4800’ I would still recommend others to try it.

Regards

Matt J
kiwiruss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: H303S Reply with quote

I also have the 303s but use destinator 3 on my ipaq 5455.

I let destinator automatically find the gps and it set itself to
NMEA 4800. I consistently get 8 or 9 satellites and its very fast to get the first fix.

I havnt tried changing the setting to see if it improves/ degrades things but may give it a try tonight.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: