Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera download problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera download problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WWatling
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera download problems Reply with quote

I've followed the instructions on the web site, downloaded the database & can extract it but from then on the instructions dont look like the CoPilot5 I have. I dont have a xxx.sc.xls but individual xls files. When I load one of them e.g. gatso.xls I have to tick the "Colum Headings In First Row" box or I don't get the Finish button enabled it stays greyed out. When I do tick it then the columns automatically label themselves. When I click on Finish though every record fails as it doesn't report a place. I've taken nearly 2 hrs trying & am now giving up. I really hope the Mio would work but if I can't get this working then it's going back & I'll stick to my Snooper4 for speed cam alerts.

Help pls!! Has anyone else found out the correct instructions?

Rgds

William.
johnny_bike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got the MIO and CP5 and I have added the SC database with no problem.
There are 3 excel files now (gatso, redlight and contintental), I don't bother with the continental.
Just print out the instructions for CP4 (which are almost the same for CP5)
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-copilot.php and work through them
The instructions do work, it is just a matter of doing everything in order.

The first time I did it I had a bit of a problem naming the columns but after that it seemed to know and I did not have any trouble afterwards.
Make sure you tick the box 'column headings in first row' when selecting the excel worksheet.
I put gatsos in as custom1 and redlight as custom2

I hope you have success

John
WWatling
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I'll try again but I thought I was following the instructions step by step. The issues was with the naming of the files. The instructions don't mention ticking the 'column headings in first row' but I figured that out. If I get stuck do you have a direct email address of phone # you'd be happy for me to phone you on?

Rgds

William.
johnny_bike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent to WWatling

John
Duncans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed this first time, surprised even myself! but here's a few things I found out.

It's a lot quicker to recombine the separate .xls files and then upload these to pocketPC as one file. I know separating them makes updates easier, but it makes uploads a lot slower! Just grab all the Redlights, Gatsos and Specs and stick them on one excel sheet.

Strange but true - I ignored all that stuff at the end about removing copilot and 2557? from my 4150. I just let Activesync (3.7) and the download wizard sort it out for me. Once I had browsed to the correct file on my desktop, all I did was hit the download button.

Maybe I'm missing something, but a quick look at a map and all the custom POIs seem to be there, suggesting that those last steps are superfluous.
johnny_bike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two good points Duncans,
I also do not bother with deleting the 2577 folder etc.
I also found that when reloading the xls file it does not need the order sorting, i.e name, location etc as it remembers it from last time.
I had not considered the possibility of mergings the 3 xls files (although I don't bother with the continental one anyway)
I suppose the only disadvantage, if it is one, is that they are the same custom type (2) rather than having two or three types for Gtaos, Redlights and Continentals

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: