Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - double poi messages
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

double poi messages
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesanthony
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks Eddie Reply with quote

Just Wanted to say Thanks to Eddie2K2 for solving this problem,Brilliant,
Thanks again.
tarquin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: stutter Reply with quote

Hi There

Now here is a strange one, I have a 6600 with 2 maps GB and major roads across europe. The GB one has only I external poi added namely gatso and it works fine. My friend has a new 6260, he has this stuttering problem. He took the phone to nokia service agent to flash it for latest firmware, still the same. Yesterday I decided to use a more up todate GB map from GO.Normally I drop maps to my mmc card using my 8 in 1 card reader in work, which normally takes about 3-4 mins for about 100megs. This time I used a USB2 card reader with my laptop and the time taken was 40sec's. Tried using the map and got this stuttering. Restarted TomTom and this time chose the major routes map, no problem.I also noted with the original GB map, when it was chosen it took about 3sec's to start up but with this new map it took about 12sec's.Thinking that the map might be some how corrupted I took it on a pendrive to work and coppied it to the mmc with my slow card reader/writer. It took about 3mins instead of 40sec's. Popped it in he phone and now the map boots in 3 secs and no stuttering with 4 exrta poi's albeit only the gatso has warning enabled. I have reapeated it with 3 different laptops using 2 different reader/writers all of which copy in 40secs and when tested it stutters. I am thinking the mmc cards might be slow speed and the USB2 card readers are writing to it to fast corrupting it. any thoughts anyone

Cheers

Tarquin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: