Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Email Support and White Listing (Was No Support Via Email)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Email Support and White Listing (Was No Support Via Email)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Email Support and White Listing (Was No Support Via Email) Reply with quote

Due to the overwhelming level of spam and viruses I am receiving which is now consistently going over 5000 emails a day, it's taking me several hours a day to wade through to find out which emails are legitimate and which are not. So I have taken the unfortunate decision to take evasive measures to keep on top of my mail. From Saturday all my mail will be filtered through Mailblocks. For those who don't know what Mailblocks is, it's an anti-spam authorisation service. If you try to send me email from Saturday onwards and are not white listed in my mailbox then you will receive an authorisation email where you have to click a link and enter some numbers to become white listed and for me to receive the email. Follow this and your email will get through to me. If I also recognise an email is not spam I can manually white list the address. Simple as that, if you receive a message back from me you only have to white list yourself once against each email address, and this should cut down the huge amounts of spam I am receiving.

Also I would like to re-iterate from my previous message that I CANNOT provide Technical Support via email. These are what the forums are for, and I've said this time and time again. If you want personal one on one email support then it will come at a premium. Check my forum signature or my website for more information. I will continue to answer forum posts like the rest of the team to the best of my abilities but only have so many hours a day. I have to divide this time accordingly and so much time is allotted for replying to forum posts, likewise so much time is allotted to replying to email with GPS companies to make sure we get the latest GPS gear to review and to iron out any problems with products that some of you may be experiencing. So PLEASE, if you have a question from general Technical Support on a product to "which product is best", post it in the forums!

Thanks for understanding!
tOpCaT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and it's good to see that you've finally updated your website (I remember looking at the old version the first time I read one of your hardware reviews on here about a year ago). Smile
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it took quite some time but eventually managed to update it. Still have a long way to go and I'd like to do regular updates, but time is still at a premium so I will have to see what spare time I have available.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: