Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM for SPV C-500 - David Burrows please help me!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM for SPV C-500 - David Burrows please help me!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woodsy44
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM for SPV C-500 - David Burrows please help me!!! Reply with quote

Hi David (or anyone that can help me!!)

I have just bought the TOMTOM for my SPV C-500 and for the life of me cannot get it to work!! I read your answer to someone else`s problem that was EXACTLY the same as mine and I followed your instructions to the letter, really thinking it would work - and having done that i tried using the GPS and ... it didn`t work, still gave me the same message, "the GPS signal was lost xx mins ago"

I am going crazy trying to make ot work!!
Can anyone help me please!!!!
Thank you!!

- this is the previous message posted by someone with the same problem as me, which i thought would get it working:

- Hello

I am trying to get my Orange SPV C500 installed with TomTom mobile to work with my Leadtek 9537.

As far as I can tell, TomTom has been installed correctly.
I can pair the C500 with Leadtek with no problems when I try to search for it in the Bluetooth menu.

I have installed the SPV C500 patch and have even tried to rename the GPS receiver to 'TomTom Wireless GPS' and 'TomTom Mobile GPS' as suggested from other topics.

When I run TomTom, a 'The GPS signal was lost x : xx min ago' is shown. When I try to navigate to a location, I get 'Waiting for a valid GPS signal'.

The Leadtek is flashing Blue, indicating to me that there is no connection to the phone.

I am tearing my hair out.

Does anyone have any advice/solution?"

ANSWER: (which I have tried 3 times but to no avail!!)

- "There is a known bug on the C500 which makes pairing work but no application can use the GPS.

The best way to pair a device successfully is to

1) delete all pairings you have
2) go into configuration and disable outbound COM7 and OK
3) go back and re-enable COM7
4) power cycle phone
5) Go in and re-enable COM7 again (it's unchecked)
6) This will throw you into Bluetooth pairing
7) Create a new bond and pair key
8 ) Before doing anything else, power cycle phone
9) Go back in and double check that COM7 is now enabled under Configuration
10) Now use any GPS application and it should work.

It's a PITA but if you differ in any way from this setup, you'll find that COM7 will be enabled but it will be dis-linked from the BT GPS pairing and no application will be able to see the GPS."
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to get TomTom Mobile working with a BT GPS other than TomTom's own one is to subscribe to traffic and once registered and logged in, download the update and install it, and you can then bond and use any BT GPS.

If you're using TomTom's own BT GPS, then following the original instructions you typed above will work, but you must make sure you power cycle the phone when you are told to otherwise it won't work.
Woodsy44
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: you beauty Reply with quote

Dave you`re a beauty!!
Cheers mate, installed the traffic doo dah and zing TomTom works!!
Rock on!
saintsfc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like my problem, does it work on a Nokia? I have a new 6670 with Tomtom Mobile and the new Nokia BT GPS module?

Thanks in advance

andy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: