Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 203E stopped talking to TT2 ufter upgrade to WM2003
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

203E stopped talking to TT2 ufter upgrade to WM2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seg1959
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: 203E stopped talking to TT2 ufter upgrade to WM2003 Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have search these forums but could not find any relevant articles...

I have used TT2 with a Haicom 203E on a Viewsonic V37 for a year without any problems. Yesterday I upgraded the V37 to windows Mobile 2003, and to my horror I found that the 203E stopped "talking" to TT2...

In "GPS settings", "Status" tab, the dots between the dish icon and the PDA icon do not move, indicating that there is no communication between the Haicom 203E and the V37.

can anyoner help? I have set the GPS settings to "NMEA 0183v2 4800" and "serial on COM1" but still no luck.

Can I flash the V37 back to win 2002?

I fear I might have ended up with a useless bunch of junk...

Thanks in advance for any info,

seg1959
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi seg1959,

Just a suggestion, but has the upgrade changed the COM port?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
seg1959
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, privateer.

You might be right, anything is possible, but how do I test this assumption? Are you suggesting that I should try the different options on the second combo box in settings/GPS ?? There are only 4 options there, "USB", "Serial on COM1", "COM3" and "Native IR". USB and IR are obviously out, so are you saying I should try the "COM3" option?

Thanks,
seg1959
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

seg1959 wrote:
Are you suggesting that I should try the different options on the second combo box in settings/GPS?? There are only 4 options there, "USB", "Serial on COM1", "COM3" and "Native IR". USB and IR are obviously out, so are you saying I should try the "COM3" option?

Yes, try COM3 first, if that doesn’t work then you could try the rest. In case the description is wrong.

Are you using a genuine OS upgrade for your PDA? I know that in the past, people have tried to upgrade iPAQ 3970s to WM2003 and found that their Bluetooth went wrong when they used non-genuine upgrades. I know that you are experiencing a different problem (i.e. Serial and not Bluetooth issues) but it’s best to clear that question first.

Can you also disconnect and reconnect all of the cables, incase there is a poor connection. Is the Haicom 203E damaged at all?

BTW, I don’t know the Viewsonic V37 at all, and my knowledge of WM2003 is very limited. If the above doesn’t help then I hope somebody else can jump in here.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
seg1959
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade is the cosher one from Viewsonic.

The only parameter that has changed in the past few days is teh upgrade of the Viewsoniv V37 to WM2003. The setup was working perfectly for a year until then, so my starting assumption is that all teh hardware is working OK.

Interestingly enough, I had heard of another user with the same problem, but he was using TT3 - which is why I have not upgraded to TT3 - I thought that there was an incompatibility between TT3 and the 203E.

I now know better, all teh evidence point to teh WM2003 upgrade, but no answers yet. I will try your suggestions about changing COM ports this evening, as well as differentstart up sequences, and see if anything happens.

In teh meantime, if anyone can shed more light on the issue, please do!!
Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: