Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New cameras on the A13
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New cameras on the A13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redmax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: New cameras on the A13 Reply with quote

I regularly travel the A13 from Lakeside into London for work and back home in the evenings.
I have waited for over 7 years for the many improvements to be completed and was really hopeful that my journey would be transfromed from 2 hours in single lane solid traffic into 1.5 hrs of steady moving multi lane transit along brand new highways.

How wrong can you get.
The best bit of road they built is the new A13 from Dagenham to the M25 which is 3 lanes and fast. It has easily taken 20mins off my journey home on its own.

I have never seen a serious accident on this stretch or indeed read about any serious incidents in the local papers so why have they decided to erect at least 4 "safety" cameras in a 2 mile stretch.

Is it because they know that after sitting from Canning Town to Dagenham in a crawl that the first chance a driver gets to put his foot down will get him flashed.

I just don't get it. This road is a fantastic modern 3 lane carriageway with state of the art surfacing (to decrease road noise for residents) and is easily able to be driven at 70mph.

Where are the accidents to justify the cameras?

I think whats been done on the A13 is great but why spoil it with endless stop/start/stop/start because drivers slow down for the pesky cameras.

More tax raising for Essex Police I fear

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: