Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where is traffic then?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is traffic then?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Where is traffic then? Reply with quote

ok, so I'm a noob to V3, but I started with V1 (and other palmtop software on the psion). After eventually upgrading to V3 and installing it, I must say I'm not everso impressed. OK, they've fixed a few niggles, but the features they've added seem to be very bolted on. Sure, we've finally got "via" support in a route, but it's at the expense of a whole new mode in the software. Does that mode let you automatically calculate the best distance between all points on the itinery? No. So it's just a clamp on macro then? Hmm.

Well, I tried it in anger for the first time today. Not a great deal of difference - it got completely lost around the new roads in Peterborough, where surprisingly V2 did not. The BT driver locked up just the 6 times on a Peterborough-London journey. Not a lot different from V2 then, but that could have been because it was a hot day, and the iPaq needs a tidy.

Finally on to my question. Where is Traffic? How do I set that up? Do I have to download it as extra? Sorry for a thick question... :D
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Traffic can be found by going to www.tomtom.com and clicking on TomTom Traffic. (Sort of obvious).

You can download a trial and if it works subscribe to the service. You need to be able to establish a GPRS Internet connection from your PDA which usually involves a Bluetooth connection to a GPRS enabled mobile phone. Modern PDAs such as the XDA and iPAQ6000 series which have the phone built in can work standalone.
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that - I was mostly under the understanding that it came with V3 (hence the question about downloading it as an extra).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: