Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Follow Me
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Follow Me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Follow Me Reply with quote

Follow Me is an application that allows you to see where you have been by recalling your tracks. If you have a Bluetooth or Compact Flash GPS attached to your Pocket PC and you either miss or long for the same functions that a handheld GPS like a Garmin or Magellan has, where you can create tracks, watch your position and track back to your start point, or any particular point in your hike, then Follow Me is the application to try.

The full review is available here.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any one had a Play with this yet Question I can get it to connect and register the sats if I plug into tom tom wired gps on the default settings but If I connect to my navman bt 4400 it will not show any at all although it shows I have connected!.. very frustrating
dave
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried it wit a 44xx but there's no reason why it shouldn't work, I've used it with a handful of Bluetooth GPS Receivers configured it manually on the 2210 to COM8 (which is the Bluetooth out port), NMEA 4800 8N1 and had a connection.

If you have TomTom Navigator installed, you may find that TomTom ~ GPS is interferring and blocking the BT port.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that was it! I uninstalled TomTom ~ GPS and all is working fine ..I had previously deleted the TomTom ~ GPS file which was obviously not enough.
thanks again
dave
Will
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave.

I was quite excited when I read your review, but also suprised it performed so well. If you read my post on your forums here you'll see how much trouble I've had with Followme.

Did you make any changes to the settings (parity, COM bps etc)?

Will
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wrote:
Well, I'm back from my trip - Happy New Year to everyone - but have to report that FollowMe is hopeless. Standing still, with at least 9 fixed sats, it reported me as moving at 20km/h.

Will, this is more down to your GPS fix than the application. It's because your GPS is contstantly varying it's decimal figures and Follow Me is only using the data provided.

You can offset this by making it less sensative by going into Program Settings screen and changing the tracking mode either to a higher distance figure, or switch to time and change it to a higher time figure.

I found having it set to 500ft it worked pretty well. I know 500ft is a long distance, but you can drop this down, and that way it's only then using the GPS co-ordinates and plotting them on a map when you reach the specific distance that is set, or the specific time interval.
Will
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that a go, thanks Dave

Will
RTS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

The linked site (when visited) flags up a PHISHING virus (Using Avir). Hope this is a false alarm!

RTS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: