Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Keomo quirks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Keomo quirks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G0AOZ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Keomo quirks Reply with quote

Recently got the Keomo PND from Maplins. Claimed to notify speed cameras - didn't! Maplin unaware of this, but after I persisted, agreed the CDT file was incorrect. They've now got an update file on their website. This works but... In NAGIVATE mode audible and visual camera warnings seem to be ok albeit the BOING! sound is pathetically soft, but in MAP mode, advice of cameras appears to be very random. There's a 50 percent chance the same camera will be advised if you pass it regularly! Anyone any clues as to why this should be?

The device seems to be running Windows CE (WINCE!) but I have not found a way to get into it yet. Anyone else had success?

Day/Night mode appears to changeover at 19:00hrs. I take this is fixed, and cannot be changed to match our current dark winter months?

I believe some SatNavs give you the ability to do a quick pre-check of your selected route. Doesn't look like the Keomo offers this, unless someone knows otherwise...

I guess it all boils down to "you get what you pay for". But if anyone knows any tricks or shortcuts, e.g. how to edit the main CDT file, I'd be interested to hear.
davidch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Keomo Quirk; previewing Ur destination. Reply with quote

Once addresses are entered touch th Simulation button (instead of Navigate button, although this will also work). Once it's calculated the route & starts doing its thing you just touch the mapping area & drag it a little. It then enters BROWSING mode. ZOOM OUT with the on-screen + & - symbols. You can see the whole route roughly, but can ZOOM IN on any bits you want to check for detail.

If you want it to use a certain road then ZOOM IN on it, check its name out & go back to 'plan trip' & add STREET NAME ONLY using the VIA button or + button to enter an aditional destination.

Best of luck.
G0AOZ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks davidch. Unfortunately, I don't appear to have a "Simulate" button! After having entered the address, I get a screen showing the following:-

Navigate - Via - Save - On Map - Back.

Different version of the software perhaps...? Hmmm, just been experimenting. I only seem to get the option to "Simulate" after I've put in a "Via" route. Does that sound right?
chajun
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often is the Speed camera database updated can it be downloaded elsewhere?
chajun
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't the Keomo be charged from a usb port on a PC???

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: