Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - UKPostcode Download/Windows Explorer/Headphone Socket
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

UKPostcode Download/Windows Explorer/Headphone Socket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOODBRIE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: UKPostcode Download/Windows Explorer/Headphone Socket Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Have just bought myself a Tomtom3 400mhz Dell Axim Handheld and am very pleased with it so far.
Have read about on your forum (excellent) problems with UK Postcodes etc.
So have decided to "try" and download the uk postcode files.
Questions
1 Instructions say create a file using Windows Explorer, how do I find this?
Go easy on me!!!
2 What sort of windows system am I using 2002 or 2003, not to sure which one to click on for the data base download.
3 I have a 128sd card installed, is this enough to hold the download for the postcodes?
Finally just a thought as the PDA has a Headphone socket is there some way it could be plugged in to the Car Stereo to improve the volume and sound?
I know some of these questions may seem obvious but I dont want to make any mistakes.
Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers
doodbrie[/u]
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi doobrie and welcome to the site. pls dont double post one post is usuually enough if its in the wrong forum one us will most likley move it to right forum if its in the wrong place. so nill lock the one in the tomtom forum and and leave this one in place thanks

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
moggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukpostcode is excellent.

you just type in the full post code and it directs you straight to the door. brilliant program.

as for creating folder, i take you you mean creating the ukpostcode folder? you can do this from file explorer withing your ppc or in windows. it works the same either way.
dastardly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moggy wrote:
as for creating folder, i take you you mean creating the ukpostcode folder? you can do this from file explorer withing your ppc or in windows. it works the same either way.

Yea, one way is to open File Explorer, Click on My Device to find the SD Card. Open the SD Card, then at the bottom left of the page click on Edit and select New Folder. When it opens call it ukpostcode.

HTH :D
John
dastardly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: UKPostcode Download/Windows Explorer/Headphone Socket Reply with quote

DOODBRIE wrote:

2 What sort of windows system am I using 2002 or 2003, not to sure which one to click on for the data base download.
3 I have a 128sd card installed, is this enough to hold the download for the postcodes?

2 You should be on 2003, (try turning the PDA over and see if there's a Microsoft 2003 sticker on it somewhere)

3 It should fit on the card - I've got a 128Mb in my 2210, and ukpostcode fits as well as Fugawi and quite a few maps.

Good Luck
John
John
DOODBRIE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Just to say thanks for your help and advice.
Will now have a go at installing the Postcode files!
Excellent forum!!. :D

Cheers
doodbrie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: