Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Off Topic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Off Topic Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
Getting back on topic! For those of us who should know better! :o

Will This Thread get closed for going Off -Topic I bet not.

i notice it is moderators this time going Off-topic.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delboy0754 wrote:
MikeB wrote:
Getting back on topic! For those of us who should know better! :o

Will This Thread get closed for going Off -Topic I bet not.

I see you didn't have the Decency to answer this.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you're correct, this thread wasn't closed for being off-topic. Why ? Because it quickly came back on topic. Only 1 message off topic. That's what good moderation is about. The rest of the topic discussed about the meet-up this weekend (and a nearby speed camera alerting people of just in case they weren't checking road conditions when travelling away from the event). When moderator's or other staff ask you to stop posting and bring the topic back to the title, you do that. That's what we did on this topic. As the other topic that was locked NEVER came back on topic, even after asking people to stop making abusive posts and to stop posting off-topic information, we had already asked everyone once, and because it still continued we locked the topic because of the amount of complaints we received. That's the difference between right and wrong, black and white.

delboy0754 wrote:

I see you really haven't done your homework as I am not a "moderator" ! Perhaps you should spend more than 5 seconds on this site reading the content and posting positive stuff like everyone else does rather than trying to do everything possible to annoy our existing users, attacking the team and attempting to bring the site down.

So Mr Whittaker, are we going to see you at the Stratford Meet-Up Question Seeing that you don't want to email me personally or the rest of the team about your gripes perhaps you may want to talk to me and the rest of the PocketGPSWorld.com team face to face Question
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
rather than trying to do everything possible to annoy our existing users, attacking the team and attempting to bring the site down.

So Mr Whittaker, are we going to see you at the Stratford Meet-Up Question Seeing that you don't want to email me personally or the rest of the team about your gripes perhaps you may want to talk to me and the rest of the PocketGPSWorld.com team face to face Question

I not trying to annoy any members, or bring the site down, i've never mentioned anything wrong about the site, or members.

I only posted two messages off topic,in reply to the previous poster.

And in the ones that got deleted, i only posted One message off topic, but it wasn't ME who kept ranting on in the closed thread. surely we are allowed one or two off topic "Quips" as in the postings where MikeB brought you into line.

I was only asking for confirmation about the upcoming update, As was other posters and a new poster from Finland, who also asked about the update, if it included Palm Software. and MikeB came up with the review, that's what we all wanted to know.

Never have i put this site down.

Your picking at straws with
Dave wrote:
I see you really haven't done your homework as I am not a "moderator
OK "Executive Editor" you still moderate the forum. I have helped others like other members, and like i said, i have never attacked the team or brought the site down

So why MR Burrows why should i email you, when it can be said here Question
I've nothing to hide.

As for going to the meet-up, i don't think so, i wouldn't want to upset anyone would I Wink

Have a drink on me,

All that was asked was a decent Question,which needed a decent answer, that MikeB provided. Pity it was after the thread was closed.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delboy0754 wrote:
I not trying to annoy any members, or bring the site down, i've never mentioned anything wrong about the site, or members.

No but your constant bickering against staff, and complaining about the way we run this site by posting about it on the newsgroups is "trying to put this site down".

delboy0754 wrote:
I only posted two messages off topic,in reply to the previous poster.

I have never once said it's soley you that was posting off topic. You are insinuating that! Like I have said countless times the thread went into off-topic mode even after people were told not to, you were amongst a number of people contributing. We closed the thread because other readers requested it, and it wasn't just one or two otherwise we would have left the topic open. We take complaints very seriously and because we did receive a large number of complaints (the largest yet on a single topic) we decided to lock the thread because people (you included) weren't towing the line and doing as we originally requested.

delboy0754 wrote:
I was only asking for confirmation about the upcoming update, As was other posters and a new poster from Finland, who also asked about the update, if it included Palm Software. and MikeB came up with the review, that's what we all wanted to know.

...and you and others continued to post in off-topic on that same thread after this and due to the complaints received, we locked it. It's plain simple!

delboy0754 wrote:
Never have i put this site down.

Oh but you have!

delboy0754 wrote:
So why MR Burrows why should i email you, when it can be said here Question
I've nothing to hide.

No, you just want to continue bickering trying to bring this site down by complaining here and on the newsgroups on how we run the site. We run the site as to how we see fit, there are terms and conditions on this website and if you read these you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. If you don't like what we do, or don't want to abide by these terms and conditions like I have already told you countless times then you can go to another site, I'm not stopping you, the Team are not stopping you and the Moderators are not stopping you.

delboy0754 wrote:
As for going to the meet-up, i don't think so, i wouldn't want to upset anyone would I Wink

That's a shame, the Team, Moderators and I were only discussing you this afternoon and said we would love to see you in person at the meet-up! Why did you register then, if you aren't coming ?

Anyway, like I said, it's a shame you've changed your mind about turning up at the Stratford Meet-up. I suggest you get back ON-Topic and start posting about GPS related items, this thread will be moved after the weekend.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Executive Editor wrote:

That's a shame

this thread will be moved after the weekend.

Case closed then

But remember MR Burrows,

MikeB wrote:
Getting back on topic! For those of us who should know better! :o .

Getting back ON-Topic then,

Does the new software release for the TT Go include a "Slapped" wrist POI.

Wink
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delboy0754 wrote:
Getting back ON-Topic then,

Does the new software release for the TT Go include a "Slapped" wrist POI.

Wink

Hmm, is this Off Topic for the Guestbook Forum? ;) Can we put this to bed once and for all now and get back to discussing GPS Supreme Angel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: