Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO Antenna
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO Antenna
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyfinn wrote:
I've got one on order, while my 4 day old tomtom gets repaired....

DHL came to pick it up this morning...

I ordered the Antenna from France - a company called:

http://www.orbitica.com

Also available on Ebay - just search for TomTom Go
Viking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have searched high and low for one of these IN STOCK.

I have had 2 orders I have had to cancel and have now just been waiting over 4 weeks with Amazon, who have just sent me an email saying it will be another 4-6 weeks!

I havent had a working TTG since I bought the new car in September. Very very frustrating.

Does anyone know of stock ?
Frazzle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: External antenna stock Reply with quote

Viking,

Yes there is stock in the UK.

I managed to source an external antenna for 49 GBP from Maplin Electronics last week. (www.maplin.co.uk)

Talk to their customer services and they will tell you which stores have stock. It is the ONLY stockist I have found in the UK that actually has them at the moment.

You can have stock recalled from regional stores and then sent to you direct from HQ. I cancelled my Amazon order... they told me they were adding a week 2 week extension to my originl 2 week delivery period. That was a week ago ! I thinks they haven't a clue when stock will arrive.

Tom Tom informed me that they had no stock but expected some in the warehouse in December. I tore my hair out over this hassle in getting an antenna. Hope you track one down Smile
KenBurton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it Tom Tom, gone for a re - radiating aerial and it works a treat. From globalpositioningsystems.co.uk @ £48

I have a 307 SW and it has a spare 12v supply in the back. Plugged into that, stuck the aerial on the window and away we go. My £400 was not wasted after all.

Ken

:D
gotom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Renault Megane and Tom Tom Go External Antenna Reply with quote

I have an 04 registration Renault Megane and it has a heat reflecting windscreen. I thought my Tom Tom Go was actually just not very good as it always seemed to drop the signal every few minutes Sad

Bought an official Tom Tom Go External Antenna from Maplin Electronics (catalogue number: A33CA cost: GBP49.99) today and I have to say I am now one very impressed owner of TTG :D

I have just been driving for the last 2 hours and managed to keep locked onto 9 satellites for the whole of my journey!! The antenna is excellent and a must have for Megane owners with heat reflecting windscreens.
ZZBeard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Maplin discontinues TTG Antenna Reply with quote

The Maplin Web site now says the TTG Antennas are discontinued... :-(

David
JackC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking everywhere for one cos my TTG loses the signal now and again, and most places are out of stock. Just found some buy right now on ebay but was wondering before I got one if they really do make a difference? thanks in advance
pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackC wrote:
I've been looking everywhere for one cos my TTG loses the signal now and again, and most places are out of stock. Just found some buy right now on ebay but was wondering before I got one if they really do make a difference? thanks in advance

I have a Renault and got no signal at all - installed and aerial, which took about 5 mins to do and I get 9 - 11 satellites everytime - would well recommend one.
JackC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, thats excellent. Smile
estaga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Peugeot and Windscreens Reply with quote

Hi,

I've bought a tomtomGo about 3 weeks ago, we have 2 cars in the household, Peugeot 307 (S) and Peugeot 206 (S), both cars born in Feb '04.

The 307 with the TTG gives no reception, there is a spot right at the top by the rearview-mirror on the windscreen (by the black dots) where I manage to get some reception, definitely not good but it makes the TTG usable (it is a very bad location for the TTG though).

The 206 gives no problems at all, I can mount the bracket anywhere and always have excellent reception!

I figured that I would have issues with the 206 as the windscreen is somewhat tinted while the 307's isn't. So it looks like the 206S and 307S windscreens does differ, this of course might be different for the XL, etc models.

I've just ordered the external antenna from eXpansys so will hopefully have some good reception in the 307 soon (and a extra bracket for the other car!).

Hope this helps!
Dixie68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: TTG Antenna Reply with quote

Hi peeps
sorry if you've already covered this but I'm unclear as to whether the antenna needs to be mounted outside of the car or inside?
If it's inside then I'll get one, but if it's outside I won't bother as I know it WILL get stolen/vandalised.
My TTG works well most of the time but I do lose signal every now and then and have only ever managed 6 Satellites - so should I get an antenna?

Cheers
Dixie68
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether a aerial is worth it of not, you can only really tell by trying one. I'm sure that speed of locking onto signals will improve.

I'm thinking of getting one, as occasionally I get a slow response.

As to mounting. The aerial will surely improve what you have, even if you put it next to the GO. Others have mounted the aerial on rear parcel shelves, behind plastic panels etc. If I get one I think I will try and mount it in the door mirror cover.

the aerial is magnetic, so you could run the lead to the outside and stick it on the roof of your car with the wire through the door opening. Then take it in when you park.
RoystonVasey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: TTG Exernal aerial Reply with quote

After reading the discussions on the possible beneift of the external aerial I decided to purchase one for use in my 2 year old Renault Scenic.The wire that comes straight out of the replacement TTG holder is about a metre long and connects to the aerial receiver via a connector, the aerial part of the lead is about 3-4metres long and should reach the back window area. I have to say that I think the way the lead is seperated with the connection of a coax connector is a nuisance, it would have been far better if a short lead to the external receiver was an option.

I decided to roll up all the excess wiring into a neat bundle (using self-amalgamating tape) and sit that next to the TTG mount amd then just pop the aerial on to the roof when needed through my door. Since I have been using it the signal has been fantastic. I lock onto the satellites and even driving through the city of London area I never lose signal.

The aerial cost me £49 from a store in Tottenham Court road and I consider that money well spent.
Frazzle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoystonVassey,

An alternative for you....

Run the cable into the rubber trim around the top of the drivers door frame and "A" pillar but on the INSIDE of the car. The rubber seal easily conceals the wire. At the top rear of the drivers window "hop" the wire across the "B" pillar trim (about 5cm wide) and back under the rubber seal for the rear passenger door frame. The cable can be concealed all the way to the rear parcel shelf in this manner. At the parcel shelf you can hide the antenna anywhere convenient so long as it can "see" out of the rear window. Mine even worked whilst dropped down the "bottle holder" next to the rear quarter lights ! You can run the cable around the parcel shelf and put the antenna in the depression associated with the parcel shelf handle. It does not need to be fixed in place and can be removed if the parcel shelf needs to be lifted out.

Just a thought Smile
Pepperami
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been to the Maplins site (www.maplin.co.uk_ and they currently have 16 in stock, just under £50.00 each :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: