Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed limits in Pocket GPS / Checkpoint
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed limits in Pocket GPS / Checkpoint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Speed limits in Pocket GPS / Checkpoint Reply with quote

Hi

I was just looking through the checkpoint page on the site and noticed that when you record a new camera position you are also given a screen with the speed limits.

I hve been using the software for few months now and I get the cmera logo on screen with my own recorded warning, should a speed logo pop up as well, i dont have these appearing.

Cheers in advance

Rich
Ipaq 4150 - Fortuna Clip On BT - Lexar 256mb SD Card / Kingston 256mb SD Card - TomTom Nav 3.05T - Traffic - CheckPOInt 2.0.2.0 - Mapopolis - Memory Map 2004 UK - Brodit Mount - & BT Registry Fix (recommended!)
Flat_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the same subject, I'd like to filter off the cameras according to speed zones, arrange them into seperate overlays, and then attach different relevant wav files to each sc overlay to notify me of the correct limit when I am approaching a camera. I presume the cameras within the sc database do not have this information attached to them? Is there any way I can get this info?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we began offering the database there was no way for users to capture speed information or camera type. Consequently a large number of the camera sites we have recorded lack this data.

Now that software can capture the data we are collating it and once a significant proportion of the cameras has the necessary data we will look towards breaking the locations down by speed.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed limits in Pocket GPS / Checkpoint Reply with quote

rich33 wrote:
I hve been using the software for few months now and I get the cmera logo on screen with my own recorded warning, should a speed logo pop up as well, i dont have these appearing.

Cheers in advance

Rich

No, the data recorded is added to the record for collation by the POI data gatherers (Us!) and we are looking to providing the database broken down by speed at a later date, see the above post for an explanation Smile
Flat_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to commend all involved in this big project for your hard work, its a really great use of technology, and it works so well! Hope I can do my bit for the northern areas and contribute towards the database.
Beefy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

You can get what you want if you join POI Handler. See details on the website detailed below:
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bound to point out that whilst POIHandler is a great service I firmly beleive that our Safety Camera database is more accurate as it has a level of human interaction which reduces false and or erronous reports :o

Of course the proof is in the pudding.
Beefy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren,

The PocketGPS database is excellent and there has been a fantastic amount of work done to compile this database. All I am pointing out is that there is an alternative that can break down the speed cameras into there respective classes.

There is human interaction with the POI Handler databases as they are updated nearly daily, due to people rectifying mistakes or adding new cameras through POI-Warner or CheckpOInt.

The deciding factor for people is are they willing to pay a yearly subscription of around £8.00 for the POI Handler service or are they happy with a service with slightly less functionality and is updated on a slight less regular basis, that is FREEEeeee!!

This does not belittle the great work that you all do in keeping the PocketGPS Database up to date. Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: