Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN2 .bmp problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN2 .bmp problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Houmark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN2 .bmp problems Reply with quote

Have anyone had problems making .bmp files for the selfmade POI databases.

I tried making several different versions with Photoshop, bot some of them actually makes my Navigator 2 software go down, saying it has encountered an error an after that my IPAQ freezes... Also, som simply not appear and make maps show no roads......... very strange, actually.

After removing them and putting back in the "original standard BMP" Navigator runs like a dream yet again.

Anyone has a concret description on how to make these .bmp's working?

Regards in advance Smile

Lars Houmark
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN2 .bmp problems Reply with quote

Adding bmp's for add-on POI's hasn't been a problem for us, we've used Paint Shop Pro.
Jereboam
Occasional Visitor

I too am curious about this...I have just bought TTN2 and have been lurking in the forums following the saga with interest...I didn't install straight away as I am waiting for a cable, thankfully...

Do the POI .bmp's have to be a certain size, bit depth, colour or monochrome, to work properly? I notice most are around 22x22 and monochrome, as the Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera .bmp is.

I downloaded soem POI files, notably the one for BP garages, and thought the included .bmp was aesthetically lacking...so I grabbed the current BP logo and turned it into a 22x22, 24 bit depth, 96 dpi colour .bmp - will this work?

John
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure of the exact settings, but 22x22 is a definiate, and we use 2 colours on out BMP, you might be able to support more, but probably not much more than 16 I would think.
nicknick
Regular Visitor

I have already done the same with the BP logo (although I just used the 'star' part of it) and as long as the size is right it seems to work.

I also did the same for Little Chef, KFC and Shell bitmaps (some are 8 bit and one is 24 bit)

NN
Jereboam
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Dave and NN...that's what I wanted to hear. I used the star bit too, the tiny "bp" didn't show too well. If we all pretty up enough .bmp's maybe we should release a zip of them or something...

John
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I think that 22 by 22 pixels is the "standard" size and as far as I can tell TTN centres the POI using that size. Using different numbers of colours in the bitmap has never caused any problems for me.

Has anyone got a good BP logo? Mine is not very good. I have seen an image of one on TomToms site but never been able to get it.

It is a pity that TTN2 does not support GIF files because we could have transparent backgrounds to the symbol if it did. I suggested it to TT some time ago but - no response!

Richard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: