Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Service Pack 1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Pack 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gambitgander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Service Pack 1 Reply with quote

Navman Service Pack has been released early :D It's now available on the Navman website. Vast improvement
Royalty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Service Pack 1 Reply with quote

Thanks gambitgander! I was just about to leave work, so have now downloaded and installed the update instead of over a slow connection at home

Will give it a try over the long weekend
SimonB
Regular Visitor

I was one of the lucky ones, where SP1 worked and it improved my fixes no end.

I've just installed SP1, and my fix seemed to be even quicker - straight after the upgrade I recieved a fix in under 5 seconds - and I haven't used my GPS today! Lets hope it stays this good! :o)

Also the GPS Status counter appeared to work, for what I could see of it.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've been speaking with John and Bruce, over the past few days and Bruce did say that SP1a would be released either tomorrow or tonight. Unfortunately I haven't had any chance to install it as I only was notified this afternoon, so cannot confirm whether the fix works or not.   Bruce does assure me that extensive testing of the fix has been carried out.

Don't forget, backup before applying the patch! Don't run, walk!
alanjr
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave

i have just installed SP1a on my Toshiba E570,useing the GPS 1000.Same old story, can not get a fix now,even though Bruce told me he got it working on the same setup.As i said on the forum when i first got the software,we will have to wait for the next new version.

Alan
fogun
Occasional Visitor

Still not impressed, Although I get a fix, I cannot understand how it plan it's route. I planned a trip from a road called Thornton Avenue to Boston road; - this is literally a left turn on to a major road and then immediately turn right (We are now on Boston road).

What Navman did was asked me to turn left on to the major and turn right on to the road I want, rather than let me continue on the same road and say "destination reached", it then asked me to take a right turn to a side road, then a left turn and then a left turn till I got back on to Boston road again.

This I find strange.

Has anyone else experienced Navman taking them on strange detours?

iainbassman
Occasional Visitor

Yes, on the way back from London Arena tonight instead of staying on the embankment it said to turn left over southwark bridge then go left again and then left again back over the thames and then back on the embankment ! a complete circle which it never did pre upgrade... other than that you have a few new voices and some nice green chevrons overlayed onto the route. Not impressed on the rerouting which now seems slower than the ordinary version.

Running on a 3970 from a 256M SD card (maps)

gambitgander
Regular Visitor

Alan, the Smart ST software is designed to run ONLY on an iPAQ PDA running a GPS 3000/3400 receiver. In some cases people have managed to get it running with the GPS 1000, but these are isolated cases for the greater part. I believe that Navman are releasing a CF receiver specific package, but contact Navman for varification.
alanjr
Occasional Visitor

Hi gambitgander

i have already contacted Bruce at Navman who told me he had tested SP1 on the GPS1000,on a Toshiba E570 and it was working ok.Well i have tried everything with no joy.Bruce has now sent me the GPS View 1.8 patch twice, when i have already explained to him that patch did`nt work either.All of us on the forum must be doing something wrong because Navman does not seem to be having the same problems.
numb
Occasional Visitor

You can't install the software on a memory card anymore, whereas you could with the older versions. Is it just me or is that pretty poor?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: