Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any Taxi Drivers using Tom Tom Go ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Taxi Drivers using Tom Tom Go ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martcal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Any Taxi Drivers using Tom Tom Go ? Reply with quote

As the title says, I am a taxi driver in Cardiff and was wondering whether a Tom Tom Go would make my life any easier? Any feed back would be appreciated.

Regards, Martin.
JohnBoy59
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that several firms in Crawley have TTGs. Was out in one last week and the guy was raving about it as he often has to pick up from Gatwick and drop anywhere in the uk.
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive a taxi in Blackpool and use a TT Go, it comes in handy for when I have to pick a fare up out of town and don't know the area.

I never use it when working out of town as some passengers might complain that I've not gone the right way, I do use it though when the passenger(s) don't know where they're going.

It does come in handy when you do get a job to an unfamiliar area out of town in the middle of nowhere where there are very few signposts, I no longer have to remember the route I took and let TT Go get me towards home.

Thumbs Up
taximan1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: yes taximan north west here uses ttg Reply with quote

Ive been useing ttgo since b4 xmas found it to be really usefull. Specially when met with a strange request of a destination. Also use it for qoutes on phone saves guesing dont it. Its also a good talking point with the customers. Should be on commision for demos :D about 3 of my regulars have bought them since seeing mine action. Streets ive drove up for years i never knew the name of but now i do Smile .
So id say get one you will love it Laughing
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Should be on commision for demos about 3 of my regulars have bought them since seeing mine action

im with you on that mate.been using mine since they come out.Had to even tell the staff in the shop what the TOM TOM GO does.RECKON ive persuadded lots of people to buy 1 :D :D

The TOM TOM GO is very useful for my taxi jobs, Exclamation i have an A to Z and its 1 year old and its still brand new condition might get a quid for it on EBAY :P
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
As the title says, I am a taxi driver in Cardiff and was wondering whether a Tom Tom Go would make my life any easier? Any feed back would be appreciated.

yes and no

although the tom tom go is very very useful on finding your way around ATM i find it doesn't show you the quickest route everytime! There is nothing as good as local knowledge which comes with experience of driving round?. I use it as an aid to help me around and don't rely on it 100% if i am sure i know a shortcut i'll take that shortcut then let TOM TOM GO re-calculate the route as i am driving.
In this new update V5 it is supposed to have a SHORTEST/FASTEST route option on it we can only wait and see if it acually works :D i hope so cause it will make tom tom even better!!!
i would buy 1 if i were you cause it does take all the stress out of the job and especially when you've got 3 drunks in the back and none of them have any sense of direction comes in very handy!!!! on £400 or less.(another £20 commision for me)
martcal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, pretty much as I had thought.

I love gadgets anyway so I will wait till May and buy a 500 I think.

Regards, Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: