Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion150/Mio136/Navman510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion150/Mio136/Navman510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcewena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Medion150/Mio136/Navman510 Reply with quote

Since these units (and there's at least 1 other one isn't there?) are essentially the same hardware, the differences are in the user interface and the map quality right?

I'd love to read a back to back to back (to back?) review of them.

Cheers,

Art.
Beale
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Navman Reply with quote

It depends what you want from a Sat Nav Product. The Medion and Mio have very subtle differences but nothing to really tell one apart from the other in terms of quality. If you want to use the Points of Interest Databases that are on this website then get a Navman 510, they also have far superior after sales support in comparison to Medion in particular and know the exact ins and outs of their products.

The Navman 510 also comes in 2 set ups now, the standard 510 with UK street level mapping and the premium version which also comes with street level European Mapping, they are currently £399.99 (Standard) and £499.99 (Premium) at Halfords so price wise the standard Navman is excellent value for money. Halfords carry the Navman 510, Mio 268 and Medion PNA175 so if you go in to your local store they may let you have a bit of a play.

Hope this helps
mcewena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I was leaning towards the navman as the software sounds better but it has 3 strikes against it.

1) I'm in Canada and I've been told the Teleatlas maps aren't quite as good as the navtech for Canada.

2) I'd buy it with the north american maps but I'd like to use it on a euro trip as well but I haven't been able to find any place where I can buy the euro maps without also having to pay for the smartst software again.

3) (minor point) the Mio comes with a 256mb card and a 2nd car mount...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: