Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN2 Demonstrate Route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN2 Demonstrate Route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN2 Demonstrate Route Reply with quote

I am a new user and have an Ipaq 3970 which I link to an Emtac bluetooth. Using Tom Tom 2, when I attempt to use Demonstrate route after selecting from and to destinations I get the following message: Unable to start demonstration (2)

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN2 Demonstrate Route Reply with quote

It sounds like you might be trying to demonstrate a route that is off of a road ? Check the from and to destination if you've just tapped it on the map, and make sure it is on a road. The other cause is there may be a problem with the map causing a problem routing over this area. Try setting another departure/destination and see if it's just a problem with the local start/finish areas.
aero
Regular Visitor

I also had this problem. It would demonstrate if I had a satellite fix - which defeated the object I thought.

I was using the Emtac Crux driver which was temperamental, changed this to Emtac Wireless driver with great success - and to my surprise I can now run demos without a satellite fix (don't ask me why, it just works!) Worth a try - go to the GPS status screen, select the GPS tab at the bottom, untick the box at the top and choose 'Emtac Wireless' driver from the drop down box, and the appropriate port 'Bluetooth on com port 8' on the other drop-down box. Re-tick the box.

Aero.
Jtonline
Occasional Visitor

I have only been a Tom Tom Navigator user for a couple of days, but I experienced the Unable to start demonstration error when I came to use that feature before I had connected the Pocket PC to the car.

The Tom Tom website says that the TTN2 version doesn't require a GPS signal for the demo feature to work.

Once I had connected the GPS receiver and got a satellite fix the demo feature worked. After that it has worked every time both when connected and when disconnected from the Tom Tom GPS Receiver. I can only conclude from this, that from straight out of the packaging, TTN2 needs an initial satellite fix and then it's happy.

http://www.jtonline.info
http://twitter.com/jtonlineinfo
http://www.pinterest.com/jtonlineinfo
Dave
Frequent Visitor

It shouldn't require a fix, I've been using demo modes without any GPS connected, what you will get though is as soon as it starts the demo it will pop up a box with a message like, no GPS signal, plot route from last known destination ? Say yes to this. If you say no, and tick the box to automatically select no, then you will have a problem. There is a button to reset this in the Navigator Properties screen called reset warnings.
RichardS
Occasional Visitor

I had this problem again (I thought I cured it by re-installing V2.0 GPS driver).

I went to the GPS status screen and noticed that the tick box had become unselected. Presumably because I had powered up the PocketPC and TTN2 and not connected to the GPS unit yet.

I re-ticked the box (even though the GPS wasn't connected), and then Demonstrate route started working again. Funny, because I think before the V2.01 patch, this wasn't a problem.

Richard
agibbs
Occasional Visitor

This is pretty much what I find - this feature only works for me if I insert my GPS CF card (ticking the box without it connected hung the system!) - but indeed it does not need a signal, and as soon as the demo is started you see the GPS get turned off. Still, not sure what practical purpose is being served here (after the initial amusement has worn off anyway!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: