Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No sound on TTNav1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No sound on TTNav1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJKrista1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: No sound on TTNav1 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having a problem with TomTom Navigator v1.x... and wonder if you can help me.

I am unable to get the sounds working on TTN despite multiple installs, de-installs and following the advice of Tomtom's website.

I am now running the latest version of TomTom V1.50 (276), but constantly get the following dialog box displayed when TTN is started:

"You did not install any voice files. There will be no spoken instructions."

IMHO I believe there may be some bug in the install program on earlier versions of the release (my CD is version 1.2) which I constantly fall foul of when I install.

Having looked into the registry, the registry setting for the sounds is corrupted when installed from the CD. The value:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TomTom\TomTom Navigator\Voice\ENG is set on install to:

'\Built-in storage\ENG Navigator VoiceECHO is off' rather than:

'\Built-in storage\ENG Navigator Voice\'

Note: The same happens regardless of which memory I install to. (main memory, SD card or built-in storage as per this example.)

In addition to following TomTom's own guidance on their website several times and despite changing this registry setting manually and soft-resetting more times than I care to mention, I still have this problem.

Could I ask you to look into your registry under

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TomTom\TomTom Navigator\Voice

and tell me what values are stored?

This is my last futile attempt at sorting this problem before I ditch this software.....

Thanx for ya help!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: No sound on TTNav1 Reply with quote

I can't tell you what registry settings as my other iPAQ has been wiped, but what I can say is that there were problems like this that no matter how many uninstalls and reinstalls that were done didn't fix it.

TomTom usually suggest a very methodical approach by uninstalling the complete TomTom Navigator, then go into \Program Files and delete any directories that either say TomTom or Voice, same at \ and on your storage card. Also see if you have a Great Britain map directory, if you have also delete this.

What TomTom is bad at doing is overwriting corrupted files, and what tends to happen is that you've uninstalled it, reinstalled and it essentially skips these files.

Once you've uninstalled, deleted these directories, then perform a soft reset (this is essential), then make sure any directories you've created haven't come back. If all is okay, then reinstall and hopefully this will rectify the problem.
nicknick
Regular Visitor

I've got two keys:

One named "English" with value \Program Files\Navigator and a second named "LastInstalled" with the same value

Hope this helps

NN
JJKrista1
Occasional Visitor

Thx for advice. I will retry .... AGAIN.... :Grrrr:

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: