Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Total PDA ’ IN STOCK’
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Total PDA ’ IN STOCK’
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Total PDA ’ IN STOCK’ Reply with quote

Lee,

Steven here at TotalPDA.

Please contact me on our freephone number and I will sort this out for you a.s.a.p, if it has not already been dispatched. Freephone number is 0800 0928 928.

Kind Regards

Steven McMahon

TotalPDA
__dg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Total PDA ’ IN STOCK’ Reply with quote

I nearly bought from their site recently (a small software package, but nearly £300 in value)- that is untill a whopping £15 delivery charge was added at the checkout!! And no options to change it either.

Now, I have had whole computer systems delivered for a lot less than that, and I would have thought that £15 would pay for hand delivery by one of the directors, thus avoiding delivery problems noted in other posts.

I tend to avoid purchasing from suppliers with such a high and fixed delivery price.

dg
Roger
Occasional Visitor

Received the goodies this afternoon!! Mind you, I had almost given up hope again, it didn't arrive until well after 4pm and I had by then telephoned them again to ask if it had been sent and was assured that it was on it's way.

So yes, in the end they did deliver the goods without much delay, it's just that after being told I would receive the goods on Tuesday, I was pretty annoyed to be told that it hadn't even been sent out yet.

With hindsight maybe I was a bit unfair.

I'm now on a steep learning curve, all I need now is my leads from PC-Mobile for the Garmin, which hopefully should arrive tomorrow.

Roger.
Roger
Occasional Visitor

Robert,

I am not sure that I can cancel it that easy. But if I don't receive it as promised tomorrow, I will certainly contact them and see where I stand. Reading through the forum makes me think I may have made a big mistake going via TotalPDA, but when you are assured again and again that they have the stock etc etc.......

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Roger.
robertuk
Occasional Visitor

Roger,

If you can cancel the order and place it with

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

Not only are keep to there word but they also charge half the price for delivery as well. At last check they still had stock of TT2.

If you read through the forum you will indeed see many compliants for TotalPDA, I am still yet to see a good one for them and they all say the same.

Robert
Roger
Occasional Visitor

I ordered TT2 GB and Europe on Friday. TotalPDA told me that they had had a delivery on Wednesday evening and I would be receiving the goods today (Tuesday). I duly e-mailed the required driving licence straight after I had spoken to them. On ringing to enquire whether it was definitely coming today, I am now told that, although they had the delivery, they were having to catch up on the backlog.

What backlog? Nobody told me about any backlog at the point of ordering. I have been told that they 'will do their best' to get it out to me today for delivery tomorrow. Wonder if there is a delay in charging my credit card, corresponding to the delay of delivery??!!

Roger.    
robertuk
Occasional Visitor

Well TotalPDA you do seem to be doing very well in getting good database of happy customers (NOT!!!) don't you. Never mind I dare say that www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk arn't complaining from all the extra sales that you are passing there way.

Keep up the good work TotalPDA, your be joining the Titanic in no time at all "SUNK!!!!"
millarj
Occasional Visitor

Well - add another dissaitisfied would-be customer. Ordered on the web on Sunday for delivery from stock.Other than an auto-responder asking me to fax a copy of a utility bill for verification purposes, nothing in repsonse. Called Tuesday to find that because someone was sick, they hadn't even started reading the emails over the weekend. Promised they would get back. Called Thursday to find they had my email, but had completely misunderstood my delivery instructions and......they were out of stock and had no idea when the stuff would be coming in..... Cancelled order, and they promised me they would confirm....but didin't until chased......

ToTal PDA, get your customer service in order or sink without a trace.....

Ordered from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk with no hassle whatever.
robertuk
Occasional Visitor

Glad i am not the only one who as had problems with TotalPDA, I also ordered my unit from them nearly 4 weeks ago and everytime I rang them to see what was happening I just got fobbed off with excuses. Each time I contact TotalPDA I was told that they would look into it and call me back within 30 minutes and each time I had to call them back after about 4-5 hours. Like others I was promised delivery but never recieved it then I was promised again and again never recieved it. All these promises and no actions to back them up, come on ToatalPDA what's with all this promising stuff and never actually keeping to it hey???

From day one I have had nothing but problems with TotalPDA and to top it all off I read on the TotalPDA Forum that people were ordering and recieving thereTT2 the next day where I ordered it 3 weeks before and never got anything but excuses. It really surprises me how a company can actually keep afloat with such terrible servise. In the end I cancelled my order with them and contacted "Global Positioning Systems" who were fantastic, they answered the phine within 4 rings, they had good stock and they gave free delivery upto 4 days or nextday delivery before 12 noon for only £6.00 compared to TotalPDA who charge a whopping £15 regardless!!!!

Sorry TotalPDA you are wiped right off my list for any future orders and I hate to think what your after sales service is like, I feel sorry for anyone who as to suffer.

Robert
Hill Billy
Occasional Visitor

I have just contacted Steven at TotalPDA, who seemed a nice guy and was full of apologies concerning my order.

Steven explained that TotalPDA have been totally bogged down with orders for the new Tom Tom Navigator, and that subsequently this has caused them some problems in getting everybody's orders out in time.

Steven has promised to take ownership of my order and has assured me that I will receive it by Wednesday next week at the latest (would have been earlier if not for the bank holiday weekend).

I can appreciate and understand the problems that TotalPDA have had due to massive demand for a brand new product, and my main gripe was that I had been given several ETA's which were not met.

Upon complaining to TotalPDA, they have in all fairness responded pretty quickly, and my chat with Steven has gone a long way towards restoring my faith in them.

Here's looking forward to Wednesday.

Lee
zappy61
Regular Visitor

Yes I got the same message. I am waiting to order the complete package with a 3970
Derek
Occasional Visitor

Hi Lee,

No, you're not alone. I had a similiar experience trying to get TomTom Navigator 2 (with iPAQ 38xx leads) out of TotalPDA. Gave up and cancelled my order yesterday when I found that www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk had stock. Placed an order with them immediately. Goods received today 8.30am. Efficent, Stress free and DELIVERED.

Derek

ps leads come in a separate box
Hill Billy
Occasional Visitor

Part II

I do not usually make a habit of complaining, bit I really think that I am being given the run around by TotalPDA. and would really appreciate a straight answer from them.

I have yet to find any other complaints on this web site about TotalPDA, and am hoping that maybe this is a one off incident.

This still doesn’t prevent me from being extremely cheesed off with the whole situation, and I hope that TotalPDA can turn this situation around.

Lee

P.S. Apologies for the length of this posting, but I really had to get this off my chest.
Hill Billy
Occasional Visitor

I ordered online a refurbed 3970 Ipaq plus the Tom Tom Navigator II from TotalPDA on Sunday 6th April. I was asked to provide proof of I.D. and I subsequently e-mailed TotalPDA a copy of my driving license the same evening.

I telephoned Total PDA on Monday the 7th to make sure that my order had been processed correctly, and asked when I could expect to receive my order. I was advised that I could expect to receive it the following day.

When I got home from work the next day, my order had not arrived. I subsequently e-mailed TotalPDA and received the following response on 9th April.

Lee

Aplogies for the delay of your order, we were due to receive our delivery of Tom Tom goods in yesterday but they are coming in today instead. You should be receiving your goods tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you

Nikki Wilson

Despatch Department

Total PDA

Friday the 11th arrived, and still no order received. I subsequently telephoned TotalPDA and enquired as to the whereabouts of my order. I was advised that the delivery from TomTom had been delayed and that the goods had been received that day. I have noticed that posts on this website do substantiate this, but it would have been nice for TotalPDA to have taken the time out to notify people that this was the case.

I was also advised that stock had been allocated to myself, but that it would not be leaving TotalPDA's warehouse until Monday and that I should expect to receive it on Tuesday at the latest.

Tuesday arrived and still no delivery. I telephone TotalPDA again, and was advised that although the TomTom Navigator II was in stock, Tom Tom had not supplied sufficient leads, and that this would delay my order still. But I should expect to receive my order on Thursday at the latest.

I do not know whether I am right to assume this, but I would have assumed that the TomTom Navigator II comes in a sealed box, with all the cables included. I was at this point starting to believe that I was being given the run around. I note from this website that Steven from TotalPDA had asked for users to contact him directly, if they were having problems with their orders. I subsequently sent Steven the following e-mail: -

Hi Steven,

I ordered a TOM TOM Navigator II and a refurbed IPAQ from yourselves on 6 May 2003.

To date I have telephoned yourselves on 4 occasions and on the first 3 occasions I have been given an ETA which has not been met.

I spoke to a lady there this morning, who has advised me that I should receive my order by Thursday at the latest. Can you please confirm that this will be the case.

Sorry to bother you with this but I have received no proactive feedback from yourselves regarding my order, and although I appreciate that Tom Tom have let you down I am finding it frustrating when my order does not arrive on the date that I have been advised.

My order reference number is xxxxxx

Many thanks

Lee Hill

Upon getting home from work today, and checked my e-mails and found no reply. I subsequently contacted TotalPDA yet again, and was advised that I would not be receiving my order on Thursday as stated, and that I should expect to receive it on Tuesday 22 April.

I asked what the delay was, and on this occasion was advised that the lady who processes the web orders, and confirms the proof of addresses (which I had sent to TotalPDA on 6th April) had been off, and that this had lead to a back log.

Steven
Occasional Visitor

Hello everyone,

www.totalpda.co.uk

Thanks for the great response to my last post.

Never had soo many mails waiting for me in the morning

UPDATE: Unloaded the Tom Tom kits from the van this morning, so anyone who has a pre-order should be getting their kits out ASAP.....

There are a few units that are not allocated and I have managed to get some additional stock, so if anyone was waiting to order please contact me smcmahon@totalpda.co.uk or call and ask for me on 0800 0928 928 and use reference PocketGPS...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: