Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS unreliable message - TTN2.1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS unreliable message - TTN2.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPS unreliable message - TTN2.1 Reply with quote

Anyone had a similar problem with TTN2.1 reporting GPS unreliable when there is a god 5/6 sat signal coming in?

This usually happens when the map view is not in the same location as the GPS location info.

If you then move to where you know the GPS location is (on the screen)the road name then appears or you can go into the preferences and switch off "keep GPS in the centre of the screen" then switch it back on.

Phil
Kieran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPS unreliable message - TTN2.1 Reply with quote

Phil, I am not an expert but I reckoned it was because the location you where in was not recognised within the TT Map. I too have sat on my drive will full sat coverage but as my road is not on the TT map it said it was unreliable, only when I drove to the edge of a road TT recognised was TTNav able to start calculating the route.

... just my experience

Kieran
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

Kieran,

That may be the reason, I was on a carpark, I'll try it on a road.

Phil
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Phil,

That is definately the reason. If you are not near a road then Tom Tom will not know which road you are on and cannot select a route for you. This has often happened to me whilst trying to plan a route at home.

This can be a real problem when you are in a new estate which is not on the maps it appears as if you are in the middle of a field.

The same behaviour was experienced in TT Nav 1.x as well.
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

Mike/Kieran,

This isn't trying to plan a route it's just to show your location on the map with a GPS fix.

I'm sure that with TTN1.5 if you ran TTN with a GPS fix and you were miles away from where you last used it then the map would auto centre on your new position, before you've started to think about routes.

I tried it this morning while on the road and it still didn't centre on my position, I had to untick and re-tick the keep gps in the centre screen before it would work.

Phil
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Phil.

This is the case if you are not on one of the roads on the TT maps. It should still show your position on the map display you may need to tap the sat strength icon at the top to centre your position.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: