Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handnav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handnav
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gurkhaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also not received any reply from Handnav to my query despite posting here and sending an e-mail. Poor after sales service I would say.
sooty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the posts here, it seems as though Handnav is a one man band with a glossy web site that gives the appearance of a much bigger organisation. I have seen this many times in the past.

I run my own small business in a very competetive marketplace and if I provided that kind of service I would be bankrupt by now.
JConnors
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Chetan....more like Cheeting Reply with quote

I orders a clip for myself in late Jan and still have not received it, even though HandNav have said that there have sent out two by recorded mail - will not give the Royal Mail reference numbers though!!

Will be calling them tomorrow (again!!) and expect to blow my top with them, as every time I call them they say "we'll sort the problem out shortly, please be patient."

Will keep you all posted......

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
JConnors
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised...here is an update to my last posting.

Got my Brodit Proclip from HandNav on Tuesday (within the timescale Chetan gave) and all is well now.

Smile Smile Smile
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a proclip and pda mount from Handnav on Thur 24 Feb requesting next day delivery. This was accepted and the webpage updated to "Processing" within hours.

However, nothing has happened since. I emailed on Monday 28th and again yesterday (Thur 3rd). Neither have had a response and neither has my web "contact us" message.

Even a quick email saying that something was not in stock and on order would be acceptable. An estimate on when it would arrive even better.

I chose Handnav due to the review on Brodit mounts here on pocketgpsworld.com which says that Handnav "maintain stock of all the components". As my car is quite popular (Ford Focus), I felt confident that this would be a stock item.

If someone could update me on this, I'd be grateful.
Brodit ProClip mount
Snowy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: HandNav Brodit Delivery Completed In One Week. Reply with quote

After reviewing various PDA Mounts, I concluded that the Brodit Mount was indeed the best to have and therefore proceeded to order from HandNav (There appears to be very few outlets for Brodit).

I then came across in these concerning statement re HandNav and perhaps became too cynical towards them.

Like others I received confirmation of my order and after a couple of days with no further feedback I emailed them requesting an estimated time of delivery - No repsonse received. On Weds I phoned them, which took a few attempts as the line was always busy. I was told the order would be dispatched that night. After a couple of more phonecalls on Thurs & Fri it transoires the item was sent out on Thurs and I received the package this morning.

So heres my advise: Contact HandNav by phone, never email and if they say they've dispatched your order request the tracking number. Unfortunately as it's recorded delivery this will not tell you where your order is, but at least you'll have moved to the next step!

HandNav,

I can have no complaints about your delivery - I ordered on a Sat night and my order was delivered the next Sat morning - Well done here Laughing . However you could do yourselves a great service my inproving your communications:

1: Respond to emails! Exclamation

2: Your online tracking should be improved to the standard of GlobalPositionigSystems who detail every step of the order process

3: Often people don't mind receiving an email saying an order will take a copule of weeks to process as long as they can be confident that they'll receive it. Better to let people know an ETA and let them decide if they wish to proceed with their order.

I wish HandNav every success for the future and I am happy with the service I recieved by telephone, but there are areas they need to improve in to enable them to succeed in the future.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order arrived this morning as well so guess what I'm playing with today. 8)

It would have been nice for any communication from Handnav though as the web tracking still looks the same as it did last week.

They still charged me the £6 for next day delivery though it's took more than a week which isn't too good though I'm not going to make a fuss about it.

I've noticed that Expansys are selling some Brodit kit now (but what I wanted is not on the site) so they may be worth a go next time.

GerryC
Brodit ProClip mount
KayDee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order turned up after a week, but wasn't the right item. That wouldn't have been a huge problem, except all efforts to contact HandNav failed. Emails weren't answered, and the phone was either engaged or went unanswered.

After a week of trying the phone was finally answered, and I was promised an email giving the returns procedure. This hasn't arrived.

I would avoid this company like the plague.

You might be lucky and get your stuff, but why risk it when there are so many other companies that provide a proper service?
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I would like to thank all for expressing opinions and sharing experience about Handnav with others.

My special thanks to Jamie Connors for mentioning the real name, this indeed helps us looking at the customer order details. I would like to apologize to all who have experience delays on their orders. I am sure by now readers have realized that the delay caused on orders relates to Brodit or specifically to Brodit ProClip. We have no real reasons to delay your orders apart from experiencing delays ourselves from Brodit distributor or Brodit themselves.

As our company policy we only charge customers credit card on the day goods are ready to be dispatched so we are eager too dispatch the your orders as soon as possible, but Brodit parts are not so easy or not so easy predict the time on back orders. We usually do not have problem with other products that we offer on our website.

'gc92000' mentions Expansys as the reseller of Brodit, I am sure they do Brodit ProClip, but on their website they only have 27 and only 9 in stock at 05/03/05 22:00 out of approximately 6000 different types. Also, gc92000 claims that £6.00 was charged for next day delivery but not delivered next day, please note that when we receive orders with next day delivery charge at this point credit card is not charged. At the time of charging credit card we do not charge delivery if we are not able to deliver by next working day, orders simply goes on FREE Delivery. You may have delivery note that states delivery charge [as original order], but in fact it’s not charged. However, if you are definitely sure that we have made an error here than please inform us immediately with your details so that we can reimburse the delivery cost. Unfortunately, we could not check this because you have not stated your name or surname on your forum

Once again, I would like to apologize for not offering the service to your satisfaction, but we are certainly trying everything to improve in every possible way. We have raised this Brodit issue many times with Brodit and their distributors, but unfortunately things are moving very slowly.

Best regards
Chetan
KayDee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handnav wrote:
Unfortunately, we could not check this because you have not stated your name or surname on your forum

That's not good enough. It shouldn't be necessary to post complaints on a public forum to get any kind of service.

Why don't you reply to emails, and why don't you answer the phone?
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handnav wrote:
Also, gc92000 claims that £6.00 was charged for next day delivery but not delivered next day, please note that when we receive orders with next day delivery charge at this point credit card is not charged. At the time of charging credit card we do not charge delivery if we are not able to deliver by next working day, orders simply goes on FREE Delivery. You may have delivery note that states delivery charge [as original order], but in fact it’s not charged. However, if you are definitely sure that we have made an error here than please inform us immediately with your details so that we can reimburse the delivery cost. Unfortunately, we could not check this because you have not stated your name or surname on your forum

Firstly, my apologies. The "next day" has NOT shown up on my bank statement. The delivery note is incorrect in what I was being charged. Embarassed

However, as for my identity, I have signed my post "GerryC" (which gives the forename and surname initial on my emails). My email address is available in my profile and I have said which dates I made the order and when I sent two emails from the address in the profile. Confused As with most forum users, I do not like to make my identity too public.

The ONLY response I have had up to now from two emails, a webform mail and a post on this forum was here. I do not understand why I have to make a public post to get a reply. A brief one-line email (or order tracking page - which was updated AFTER I received the parts) saying the Proclip was on back-order would have been more than sufficient. Sad

Chetan,
All you need to do is answer emails and these complaints would not have to be made public like this. It gives your company bad publicity for no reason whatsoever.

GerryC
Brodit ProClip mount
anneb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

On my recomendation my brother ordered a Proclip and pda holder from Handnav yesterday ( looks like I should have read this thread first !! )

order was placed 9-15am yesterday morning paying extra for next day delivery. An email arrived saying "new order deferred"Another email at 3-15pm stated "Order processed"

As nothing arrived today " order processed" obviously doesn't mean its on the way to you

Any idea how far down the chain "order processed " puts us

Regards Anne
johnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneb wrote:
Hi All,

On my recomendation my brother ordered a Proclip and pda holder from Handnav yesterday ( looks like I should have read this thread first !! )

order was placed 9-15am yesterday morning paying extra for next day delivery. An email arrived saying "new order deferred"Another email at 3-15pm stated "Order processed"

As nothing arrived today " order processed" obviously doesn't mean its on the way to you

Any idea how far down the chain "order processed " puts us

Regards Anne

Order placed for a proclip on Sunday. "Order Processed" on Tuesday. "Order dispatched" notification Thursday (actually dispatched Wednesday). And order arrived on the same day (I used the Free P&P)! Good service, I would say.

I am under the impression that Handnav did take the complaints in this forum seriously and increased their stock on the proclips.
anneb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope your right Johnk

Regards Anne
futumtch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for a holder+Pro Clip for a left hand drive Fiesta from Handnav. It's been 2 weeks now since the order was placed. I have spoken with someone on the phone and was told the clip (being a left hand drive one) needed to come from Brodit themselves which is understandable. I just hope it all arrives before I go on a long trip on the 9th April!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: