Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Error 500?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Error 500?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Error 500? Reply with quote

What does it mean?
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this same message all the way home tonight. The TomTom website says:

"In some circumstances TomTom Traffic can report error codes, typically status codes between 300 and 500. These errors occur when the TomTom Traffic server does not understand the traffic request from TomTom Navigator. This can be caused by a network error. Tap the Update Traffic option again to send another request to TomTom Traffic."

I tried to reconnect for an hour and still the same messages. I just hope it is working tomorrow.
Digitore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had this tonight - Still can't access it. Thus far I've only had Traffic 3 days and for 2 days it's not been able to access the server. Please tell me it's more reliable than this!
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's my first outage in nearly 3 months solid use, I'm actually using it and not turning trafficmaster on anymore as a backup as it is very reliable.
havewheelswilltravel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Had same problem today, a re-request usualy worked. but not always. I am still getting the error now (22:20). First time I have seen this in two months use.
If I may digress - st1967 - What setup are you using? ie PDA type, Phone type, GPRS Service provider. I am using a Ipaq 2210 with and Orange SPV C500 Phone and Orange GPRS service. I have had nothing but problems. Loss of connection, failure to re-connect, etc. I am now on my 3rd phone and second day of test this problem happens.
I Would really value your advice.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like the Traffic Server we in the UK connect to is down to be honest.. Any thoughts?
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, but it is also telling me my subsciption has expired, and I dont think its December yet?

As an aside, I also use an SPV C500 for my GPRS, and have had 2 phones so far, I have had intermittent success getting my Ipaq 5550 and the SPV to talk over bluetooth, but I get the feeling that its totally hit and miss. Some SPV forums suggest that the Bluetooth is a bit flaky on the SPV, coupled with the flaky bluetooth on the 5550 what chance do I have!

Happy Trafficing, once they reboot the server

MS

ipaq 3630, Pretec CF GPS, Ipaq 5550 Fortuna Slim GPS, TTNAV 5.10 w traffic , SPV C500
havewheelswilltravel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BINGO
14:00Hr 03-03-05
Got a positive reponce from Tomtom T

Hope you're back on line Simon, Seems it was a TTT server problem. Suprised there were not more complains/comments about it here.

Mstockha - Sorry but it is of some comfort that I am not alone with my connection problems. When I contacted Orange Tech support their reply was Oh, Oh dear, the 500 is not the best as a blue tooth modem. they sugested in the end a Nokia something. I will give this 500 a last try then demand a phone that works or cancel the contract. Albeit, I hope itis third time lucky.
Mike
Digitore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use HP 2210 with a Nokia 6310i - no problems at all getting a BT connection and connecting to internet. Was on for a solid 4 hours at the weekend with no interruptions

Good to hear the server is back
havewheelswilltravel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be too sure, 15:55 and The dreaded code is back.
I think it thinks it is the Terminator -> "I'll be back"
Thanks for the info I'm seeing good indicators for the 6010i elswhere in this site. I hope I can get Orange to change me if the c500 fails again.
Mike T
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On attempting to use Traffic yesterday (03/03/05) I received the error message 'status code 500' this contiued for some time, until I then started to receive the message 'unable to connect to TomTom' Just what I needed for a journey to and from Dover with all the road problems in Kent!

This continued all day until late afternoon when the staus code 500 message reappeared. It is still reporting staus code 500 this morning.

Is it still a problem for other people, and has anyone had any info. about this? . I ahve posted a question on the TT site, but no reply yet.

Malcolm
dphesp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Loss of TomTom Traffic Service Reply with quote

I guess that TomTom have got problems with this service at the moment as from 2nd March I lost access with error code 500 and now it says that my account has expired, even though th My TomTom page shows the account to be active until Feb 06.

The 1 months free trial worked well and without any issues so I am hoping that this is just a hiccup and not the norm

David
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still broke this morning.

Last Night, I reset my account as it told me it was expired. In the cradle it worked as well...

This morning Error Code 500 again....

That's 2 days of pain...
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message sent from TT support at 17:05, in reply to support request sent at 0910 this morning.

Quote:
Dear Mr Reid,

We apologize for the service being unavailable.
Please, try to connect to traffic again: the problem has been recognized and solved.
Your account has been extended for the amount of time the service has been unavailable.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Needless to say, it's still not working, still giving status code 500. Has anyone had this problem and had it solved?

Malcolm
dphesp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: It is working if a little slowly Reply with quote

I have finally managed to download traffic info and my expiry date in account has been compensated. I had to do a soft reset to get it to work and it looks a bit slow at the moment. Lets hoe things improve.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: