Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IPAQ 3970, Navman Sleeve TT2 - Help!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IPAQ 3970, Navman Sleeve TT2 - Help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrhumphreys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: IPAQ 3970, Navman Sleeve TT2 - Help!!! Reply with quote

I have just purchased a brand new 3970, a Navman Sleeve "it has Ipaq Navigation System" on the RHS of the sleeve.

I installed a 128mb CF card in the sleeve.

Installed and activated TT2.

When ever I reset the IPAQ it says "Unrecognized Card" and asks be to enter the name of the device driver for that card. Any ideas?

I can browse the card and see the map data installed.

Also I cannot get a GPS fix for love nor money. It isn't even giving me the date and time on the GPS status screen.

Please can someone help as I promised the boss it would be sorted for tomorrow - I've been trying for a week to get it going!

Many thanks.

Matthew
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: IPAQ 3970, Navman Sleeve TT2 - Help!!! Reply with quote

If you have the Ipaq Navigation Jacket then it is currently locked to the Co-Pilot software. There is a work around though. You need to install the Co-Pilot software first, this will unlock the chip then allow you to install the GPS software of your choice. You do not have to install the map data for Co-Pilot just the software.

If you get intouch with NavMan support via their website they should be able to send you the drivers for the jacket so that you will not have to load the Co-Pilot software in future.

Hope this helps.

Richard
mrhumphreys
Occasional Visitor

Strange!

It was bought in a Navman box!

It was actually bought as a Navman 3000 with smartpath and smart city.

Is the Co-pilot sleeve any different in performance from the Navman, or is it just branding?

I will contact Navman now!

Thanks

Matthew
Henry
Occasional Visitor

Matthew,

I use exactly the same kit and had the same probelem...

take a look at the follwing discussion on page 3, under my name.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=62&TopicID=1672&PagePosition=3

Dave fixed my probelm and my IPAQ 3970, TomTom and my Navman jacket now works fine.

Henry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: